Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Oh nice, I thought it was only for people who'd bought their game from Target(US). Lucario ahoy!

Aye, I would have posted the link or the password for it, but I couldn't be arsed. sad.gif

On pearl I just Beat the league with(levels are after Cynthia)

Empoleon lvl 69

Palkia lvl 48

Bronzong lvl 38

Abomasnow lvl 40

Luxio lvl 26

And Riolu lvl 28

Also 3 max potions about 5 revives and 5 full restores

Eta just got the national pokedex

Edited by Saintee4life

Another wifi event going that starts today and ends on the 8th of April. You can get a level 100 Zekrom(Black) or Reshiram(White) with special movesets. Zekrom has Bolt Strike, Fusion Bolt, Haze and Outrage. Reshiram has Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Mist and Draco Meteor.

I've only got White so got the Reshiram, anyone who has Black willing to trade their's to me? I could give you any of Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Entei, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi or Arceus for it.

• 5 weeks later...

Some new info for Black and White 2 has surfaced, quite a lot and there's some stuff about the region, character and gyms so I'll spoiler it. I'll also preface it that I'm getting it off of /vp/ which is a Pokemon board on 4chan so it could be wrong, but there's a couple of shots from a Pokemon magazine (in Japanese) so I doubt it.

>Black Kyurem is 3.3m, 325 kg. Freeze Shock is its signature move.

>White Kyurem is 3.6m, 325 kg. Ice Burn is its signature move.

>The game is set two years after Pokémon Black and White.

>There have been many changes to the Unova region. There appears to be an encroaching ice sheet or glacier, and the water in the area around the Entralink has dried up.

>The northern and eastern parts of Unova have been covered by this ice, and Opelucid City is just on the border of being covered.

>There appear to be cave entrances to the glacier.

>There are two new towns and at least on new route to the southwest.

>The road between Castelia City and Nimbasa City is complete.

>A new building has been added to the front of Nimbasa City, and a new area to the east of the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel.

>Driftveil City's lighthouse is gone, and several craters have appeared in the city.

>There is now a settlement on Route 4

>Liberty Garden is now shown of the official artwork of the map, and appears to have been revamped.

>The construction zone and Freezing Container south of Driftveil are both gone.

>There is a section taken out of the side of the mountain in eastern Unova, and there are several buildings here.

>Challenger's Cave has disappeared.

>The Entralink's moat is now dry, and the inner area has changed.

>300 Pokémon in addition to the original 156 Unova Pokémon are now available.

>The Unova Pokédex also appears to have drastically changed, with Riolu being #033, Psyduck being #026, and Metagross being #264.

>The Pokémon Psyduck, Arcanine, Lapras, Eevee, Mareep, Tyranitar, Metagross, Buneary, Riolu, Lucario, Weavile all appear to be in the new regional Unova Pokédex.

>There are two new player characters.

>The character wearing red is the new rival; he is said to be a childhood friend of the player. He is a passionate boy who wages on a Pokemon's strength.

>The rival is quoted as saying "From now, I'm going to rage!"

>The girl with the guitar is Homika, a new Poison-type Gym Leader. Her Gym is said to be a "Live House" (a Japanese term for a music club where live bands play). She will appear in the anime in an episode on June 14.

>The tanned male in the swimming costume is Shizui, a new Water-type Gym Leader. He is described as a big-hearted big brother who gives passionate advice.

>The man in the lab coat is Akuroma. He is researching Pokémon strength. A cut-off portion of the photo mentions he is doing something regarding the latent abilities of Pokémon. He is said to be mysterious and hard to read.

>The new starting city is Hiougi City, located in the south-west of the map.>Its main point of interest is its lookout.

>There is a Pokemon Center and Trainers' School; this is the first time the starting city has included either, as well as the first time the starting location is a city and not a town.

>There are several new facilities. One image shows a large glass tube going through water with Mantine swimming overhead.newshit.jpg

protags.jpg

newmap.jpg

maps.jpg

edit: the last image isn't from the magazine, it's a comparison of the two maps. I'm not sure if they resize correctly in a spoiler so maybe best to right click them and open them in a new tab so they size properly.

Edited by forehead7

Looks quite decent, think I'm going to get the Black one this time.

Ohh errr. :o

Anyway it looks pretty damn good, its got a whole knew story line and moves. Same pokemon, but that gives the advantage of knowing what you want. Probably get it, if I can afford it when it comes out.

I'll probably get the Black one as well, I've all but completed the dex in White anyway(I need Groudon, who I can catch in Soul Silver once I beat Red but I need to get my team up to level 80ish if I want to try). Hopefully it's just like another Generation V game so you can trade back and forth, rather than just one way.

Looks quite decent, interesting that there's previous generation pokemon in the regional pokedex, first time that's happened.

Magic.

I'm going to my mates on Saturday so hopefully I can take his charger as he has a 3DS now. Means I can play White again, complete the story, and understand what's going on again.

Attached, in the spoiler is a GIF alternating between the BW map and the new released map(it's attached so you'll need to click it to activate the animation);

post-25889-0-46551500-1334503006_thumb.g

Some things to note;

- Challenger's cave, the left entrance to the Desert Resort, the cold storage and the Driftveil lighthouse are all gone.

- The entralink water and dream bridges are gone, perhaps no more Dream World.

- There's a lot more boats at Castelia and there's airplanes to the left of both mountains, perhaps the only way to get to the right town although there's a cave entrance(maybe goes under the ice)

- Quite a lot is still under the ice(maybe just aesthetics or in-game melting for post elite four stuff?), you can still see the Dragon tower and all the towns at the start of BW. But also there appears to be something to the southeast of the Elite Four and there's some islands now in the bay of Undella.

Pure speculation of my part but if the town in the left hand corner is the starter town, then it appears there's only a maximum of either towns that could host a gym(the one immediately north of the starter, the port, Driftveil, Nimbasa, Castelia, Mistralton and Opelucid). I guess Anville, the Entralink, the Desert Resort road, the new town at the right or any of the caves could host a gym and it will probably need to if that ice is real and not just aesthetics.

Attached, in the spoiler is a GIF alternating between the BW map and the new released map(it's attached so you'll need to click it to activate the animation);

post-25889-0-46551500-1334503006_thumb.g

Some things to note;

- Challenger's cave, the left entrance to the Desert Resort, the cold storage and the Driftveil lighthouse are all gone.

- The entralink water and dream bridges are gone, perhaps no more Dream World.

- There's a lot more boats at Castelia and there's airplanes to the left of both mountains, perhaps the only way to get to the right town although there's a cave entrance(maybe goes under the ice)

- Quite a lot is still under the ice(maybe just aesthetics or in-game melting for post elite four stuff?), you can still see the Dragon tower and all the towns at the start of BW. But also there appears to be something to the southeast of the Elite Four and there's some islands now in the bay of Undella.

Pure speculation of my part but if the town in the left hand corner is the starter town, then it appears there's only a maximum of either towns that could host a gym(the one immediately north of the starter, the port, Driftveil, Nimbasa, Castelia, Mistralton and Opelucid). I guess Anville, the Entralink, the Desert Resort road, the new town at the right or any of the caves could host a gym and it will probably need to if that ice is real and not just aesthetics.

Looking forward to some of those new areas, particularly those islands which now have buildings of interest on them. I'm hoping post game that the ice somehow retreats and increases the size of the region a wee bit more, it would be cool to see the landscape after being ravaged by all the ice.

The two islands at the bottom? They're in BW, they're Liberty Island(where you catch Victini) and the other's called Unity Island(I think) and it's some crazy place where the game stores the people you trade with from different countries. (you need to register on some outside website or something).

They just weren't in the maps because Gamefreak like to hide stuff when they release the maps before they release the game(another reason why the ice might not be in the game).

Yeah, I can't see the ice not either being fake or meltable in-game. I kind of hope it's the latter.

I'm also interested in seeing what the Unova League is like;

we've been told there's water and poison gym leaders at least so that means two leaders have to have moved on. That's what I loved about the Kanto league in GSC, Koga moving on. Twas nifty.

• 4 weeks later...

A few more screenshots in a Japanese magazine;

corocoro5121.jpg

N returns. Bianca gives you the starter.

corocoro5124.jpg

New forms for the Kami trio

corocoro5122.jpg

A tournament for former champions and gym leaders. I see Cynthia, Lance, Blue and Steven Stone. Brock, Misty and Giovanni. I don't know who the guy is between Giovanni and Steven Stone though.