Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Not sure how I feel about this game.

On one hand I'm desperate to play it (phone is too shit) because I've always loved pokemon and I want to get involved.

On the other hand, all I've seen today is hoards of people gathering at locations with their faces stuck in their phones. Everyone you see is on their phone. He's on pokemon go. So is he. She is as well. Do I want to look like one of them? No. Do I still want to play? Aye...

Girlfriends level 6 and just caught a Wartortle, don't ask me the level as she refuses to show me incase I steal it. 

Not sure how I could, but I'll try.

I have 11 Pokemon ready to evolve including 4 Pidgeys and 3 Weedles. Going to drop my lure/lucky egg today now that the servers seem to be better. Should come out of it with some decent Pokemon (my 338 Drowzee about to evolve into a beast)  and I can take a gym or two.

Up to level 7 now so finding some newer ones.  Felt a bit of a dick down Leith Links last night, a Tangela appeared right in front of a guy sat at his bench with a buggy. Actually apologised to him and explained what I was doing as I was basically holding my phone camera up in his direction.  By far my toughest catch so far so didn't want to let it go, took me quite a few attempts as well.

Sometimes finding it tricky to launch the ball hard enough, quite often trundles along the bottom of the screen.  How do you choose which ones to power up? I've got quite a lot of stardust but only enough to power up certain Pokemon.

"The player may choose from the three Kanto starter Pokémon at the beginning of the game: Bulbasaur,Charmander, or Squirtle. If the player walks away from the starter Pokémon four times, Pikachu will also appear as a possible starter Pokémon. These Pokémon may also be found in the wild later on.

Which Pokémon Eevee evolves into is normally random. However, if Eevee is nicknamed after one of the Eevee brothers before evolving, it will evolve into their respective evolution: Sparky for Jolteon, Rainer for Vaporeon, and Pyro for Flareon.[3]

Farfetch'd appears to be region-exclusive, currently only being found in Asia."

Took this from bulbapedia, useful to know

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Now  at level 8 and finally have a couple days off work so I can try and catch up a little , I've got 34 Pokemon though they are all pretty weak though I've got a lot of candies and stardust saved up am I right to wait until level nine before evolving stuff?

Some Pokemon of note

Charmander

Squirtle

Paras

Venonat

Meowth

Poliwag

Bellsprout

Geodude

Slowpoke

Magnemite

Cloyster

Rhyhorn

Horsea

Eevee

Starters can Hatch from any egg. Hatched 's 2k and got a Geodude. My 10k egg is about 2k away now

Minimum distance Pokémon available
2 km Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey,Rattata, Spearow, Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Zubat,Geodude, and Magikarp.
5 km Ekans, Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Vulpix,Oddish, Paras, Venonat, Diglett, Meowth, Psyduck,Mankey, Growlithe, Poliwag, Abra, Machop,Bellsprout, Tentacool, Ponyta, Slowpoke, Magnemite,Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Shellder, Gastly, Drowzee,Krabby, Voltorb, Exeggcute, Cubone, Lickitung,Koffing, Rhyhorn, Tangela, Kangaskhan, Horsea,Goldeen, Staryu, Mr. Mime, Tauros, and Porygon.
10 km Onix, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Chansey, Scyther, Jynx,Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Lapras, Eevee, Omanyte,Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, and Dratini.
Edited by EdgarusQPFC

As soon as I sat at my desk in work this morning a Blastoise appeared. Threw 4 Pokeballs but he escaped, fired some Razz Berries out and when he was in the Pokeball the game crashed on me. Never got him in the end up which is frustrating! Currently almost finished level 9 and holding some good Pokémon. Took over a gym last night for all of about half an hour before getting skudded.

This game is addictive.

It depends where you are. I went to Kelvingrove Park last night and the variety was much better.

At work, I'm getting the same ones again and again though. Only hope of getting new stuff is the walk in or from eggs.