Snow!

xbl

I spent Hogmanay and the following couple of days up at Craigendarroch just outside Ballater. The scenery was absolutely stunning. I've never seen snow like it. Icicles as thick as your arm hanging off the roof of the lodge.

The drive up over Glenshee was pretty hairy on Thursday, but coming back yesterday, as there hadn't been any fresh snow the roads had been cleared by the Skiing traffic.

Just checked the Met Office website. Snow expected on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in Fife/Tayside, and freezing temperatures as low as -10.

The cold snap is likely to last with snow and ice to last for the next 15 days at least

(thats as long as they give you in advance).

Might have to put the 3rd bar on the fire!

The first band of snow of the week is heading South. Just been over the top of us, although it fell as rain onto frozen ground so again paths are like an ice rink. But it seems that anything more than a mile from the coast and it's falling as snow.. The Slochd summit on the Traffic Webcams looks like it will e tricky driving tonight

Anybody know what the roads, conditions are like up in Aberdeen just now as I start college again this upcoming tuesday.

The main roads are fine but a lot of the streets are absolutely lethal. The snow is now just hard packed ice and as such very difficult to drive on if you aren't paying attention.

It is bin day today so I went to put it out yesterday evening. The latch to the bin shed was frozen shut and took ages to open. Then I found the bin lid was frozen shut. I managed to open it but found the bin itself was frozen to the ground and it took another few minutes of wrestling it from the icy grip before I could slither it across the skating rink of the residents car park to the kerb. <_<

If I remember to, I'll take a photo of the Whitehaugh Ice Rink tomorrow to add to the catalogue of P&B snowbound woe. :(

I have the misfortune of working Christmas and New Year time so my cars are well defrosted and parked sensibly, but early this morning as I embark on a weeks holiday I had to chuckle. The little Merc and the van that have sat in our residents only car park (not residents) through the holidays both got stuck in the ice/snow and couldn't get out for around an hour. The van needed pulled out and the wee Merc had to get his BMW pal to come help. My duvet has never felt so cosy warm.

If I remember to, I'll take a photo of the Whitehaugh Ice Rink tomorrow to add to the catalogue of P&B snowbound woe. :(

I remembered; and it snowed again last nigt. The view from my bedroom window:

post-1053-1262685771_thumb.jpg

post-1053-1262685796_thumb.jpg

Now I have to go and use public transport to get across town and take my daughter shopping. :(

I have the misfortune of working Christmas and New Year time so my cars are well defrosted and parked sensibly, but early this morning as I embark on a weeks holiday I had to chuckle. The little Merc and the van that have sat in our residents only car park (not residents) through the holidays both got stuck in the ice/snow and couldn't get out for around an hour. The van needed pulled out and the wee Merc had to get his BMW pal to come help. My duvet has never felt so cosy warm.

This is great fun there is a big deep frozen bit in our car park and all the folk that dump their cars to goto shop/church are getting stuck. I was over at the shop and on the way back I warned an old boy in a Focus about it, he still proceded to park there and yes he got stuck, brilliant. Years of not getting a space in my own car park are being paid back! Old fool. :P:D:lol:

It is bin day today so I went to put it out yesterday evening. The latch to the bin shed was frozen shut and took ages to open. Then I found the bin lid was frozen shut. I managed to open it but found the bin itself was frozen to the ground and it took another few minutes of wrestling it from the icy grip before I could slither it across the skating rink of the residents car park to the kerb. <_<

Get yourself a can of de-icer for frozen bin lids/windows/door locks. It works wonders on all of these. :D

Anybody else noticed that the weather becomes a bigger issue when it snows down south.Sky news is full of it.

Aye, I got a bit of a shock a day or two back when I found out that Britain had just hit a cold snap. It was all over the news and everything. Presumably, the previous 2 weeks were just a warm up.