Snow!

xbl

Can you pick up mine and giver her a bed for the night,i think she is going to be stuck for the evening

Party at mine if you can make it laugh.gif

Braw, I think I can find a bottle of whisky somewhere in the house laugh.gif

Still snowing, 2.5 hrs of it, but at least my wife is home (not sure if that's a cause for celebration or not), but child not home despite leaving school about 2 hours earlier than usual.

Yeah that is some trek he is making, the thing about HW is it is in teh middle of nowwhere really and I reckon you will find most of the people there either live in halls or have a flat in teh middle of town, making it easier to get to, than those further afield.

Oh and another photo of the back garden.

You call that snow.... :rolleyes: You should see the amount of snow in our back garden and the front one as well.

I've been on holiday since Saturday 27th November and I'm not due back at work until Monday 20th December 8)

Good thing too as I don't drive and trying to get to work would have been hellish every day.

Hopefully the snow's buggered off by the 20th

Took me 1 hour and 20 mins to get from Grangemouth to Camelon with about 4 different diversions. Got out of the car at one hold up and passed about 10 other cars to go and help the guy who was stuck and holding everyone up. Once I'd gotten out a couple of other guys closer to the stuck car also got out and helped. There really are some ignorant fuckers that should just not be allowed out on the road in these conditions.

Also like to mention the stupid fucking women taking their children over the road in Larbert, who decided to stop in the middle of the road for a wee chat to the lollypop woman while the traffic light was at green and I was trying to keep the car on the move. Fuckin idiots !

I attempted to leave Glasgow at about half 12, but all the buses and trains were cancelled. Decided to go back up to College and see what I could do from there (child in tow). After digging a friend's car out she agreed to give me a lift home. Took ages getting onto High Street from Cathedral Street and the traffic was at a standstill at Duke Street. Got dropped off at Bellgrove, tried for a train but they were all cancelled. After much walking and swearing, I managed to get on a bus (the only bus to have gone along Tollcross Road in an hour, so I'm told).

Traffic was bumper to bumper and took near enough an hour to travel half a mile. Two guys started fighting on the bus and were promptly thrown off by a pissed off driver.

Finally got home about 20 minutes ago. Spoke to my Mum earlier, she works in Coatbridge and has virtually no chance of getting home tonight so has booked herself into a guest house in Airdrie! :lol:

One of my Mum's workmates left work at 11.50 and had travelled less than a mile in three hours (again, in Coatbridge).

I'm meant to be in all week but there is no fucking chance of this happening if the weather stays the same.

Good luck to everyone who is still trying to get home.

Yes, and well done to everyone that had a look at the weather forcast before making plans! The snow was correctly forcast athough a couple of hours late, I got my car shifted last night onto the main drag and I was offski this morning.

Despite the constant criticism of the BBC weather it is actually quite good and helps you plan accordingly.

Oh and there will be no further snow up to saturday(doesn't show any further). Expect cold nights mon-wed, then a thawing starting on thursday as a warm front approaches on a westerly.

Feel sorry for people like my dad in this weather.

He is a fencer so can't really do his job when there is 10+ inches of snow lying on the ground.

His boss has got that desperate for work that they are being contracted to clear snow at Edinburgh Airport tonight. My dad has already done a full days work 6.30-3.30 and is going back out in an hour to do a nightshift.