Snow!

xbl

The character who said that was dead just a few seconds later, didn't do him much good.

Thaw on the way, +2C in Paisley tomorrow, +7 on Friday.

10 minutes on, I'm still here. I think I've dodged that particular curse. Just in case though, hot potato...

Does anyone actually know the rest of the words to that or do we all just make it up according to what we hear?

Does it really???

Your evidence for this being?

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise I needed evidence. You're the one demanding a resignation, apparently based on hurt feelings and some pavements being ungritted (which are outwith government control). Unless of course you're advocating more state control?

10 minutes on, I'm still here. I think I've dodged that particular curse. Just in case though, hot potato...

Does anyone actually know the rest of the words to that or do we all just make it up according to what we hear?

Its something like "well I'm sure it was better than my plan making out I was mad, I mean, who would notice another madman around here?"

edit...doh

I think it's "Hot Potato, Orchestra Stalls but we'll make amends"

Edited by Frank Booth

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise I needed evidence.

You certainly do if you are making a statement that "it seems that as good a job had been done as possible".

You're the one demanding a resignation, apparently based on hurt feelings and some pavements

What?

Try hundreds of drivers stranded on a motorway overnight, in subzero temperatures.

I'd call that a little bit more serious than "hurt feelings". As has been said above, there could have been fatalities. That's how serious this is. And for those people to be treated with absolute garbage about "first class" responses is unforgiveable.

He was correct though. It seems that as good a job had been done as possible, and it'd be very difficult for an improvement to be made. Nobody should be forced to resign because of a couple hurt feelings, or a couple ungritted pavements. Incidentally, perhaps the gritting experts might be able to confirm, but are the Scottish government in charge of pavements? I thought that was under the direct control of local authorities?

Utter bollox. How can they have done as good a job as possible when some towns have still not seen a gritter. Some people have been housebound for 11/12 days FFS. If the same amount of snow had fallen in London do you think the M25 would have been shut for 48+ hours..

There are loads of people who are losing wages - during a recession and at Xmastime - because the public transport system has ground to a halt.

How bad would the situation have to be for you to think general public had been led down badly.

You certainly do if you are making a statement that "it seems that as good a job had been done as possible".

What?

Try hundreds of drivers stranded on a motorway overnight, in subzero temperatures.

I'd call that a little bit more serious than "hurt feelings". As has been said above, there could have been fatalities. That's how serious this is. And for those people to be treated with absolute garbage about "first class" responses is unforgiveable.

Erm, your post said:

Yep. My maw hasn't left her flat since the first snows. The pavements are absolutely treacherous and haven't been treated at all.

As I've said, had Stevenson said "look, this is the worst snowfall we've had for many years, our systems and procedures are completely inadequate..I will organise a review and can only apologise to everyone for the complete inadequacy of the efforts" I'd have had no issues.

As it is, he has adopted a completely ridiculous stance, and made himself look like a total and utter fool.

Guess what, the pavements are nothing to do with the central government, and you sound like a hysterical crybaby. No doubt, if we hadn't got this snowfall, you would have been stamping your wee feet and screaming about the wasted money spent on pointless grit and snowploughs. You're never happy with anything.

And furthermore, yes, some people got stranded, but it could have been far worse. There are always fatalities, it is winter. It seems the response was as good as could be expected. Considering the conditions, I would call it first class.

Utter bollox. How can they have done as good a job as possible when some towns have still not seen a gritter. Some people have been housebound for 11/12 days FFS. If the same amount of snow had fallen in London do you think the M25 would have been shut for 48+ hours..

There are loads of people who are losing wages - during a recession and at Xmastime - because the public transport system has ground to a halt.

How bad would the situation have to be for you to think general public had been led down badly.

Remind me, who is in charge of gritting in towns? You'll want to see your local authority about that. Stirling did an excellent job.

And furthermore, yes, some people got stranded, but it could have been far worse.

Do tell...

It seems the response was as good as could be expected. Considering the conditions, I would call it first class.

What a surprise...

Do tell...

What a surprise...

Oh, sorry, was I not hysterical enough for you? Stirling has been clear the whole time. Snowploughs and gritters have been running constantly, the main pavements have been gritted, and its always been easy to get into and about town. Now if the Scottish government is responsible for every speck of grit, then by your own argument, they've done a first class job. Of course, sensible, non hysterical people might point out that it was the local authority who are responsible for that, but no, its the Scottish government we should be thanking. According to you.

Its something like "well I'm sure it was better than my plan making out I was mad, I mean, who would notice another madman around here?"

edit...doh

I think it's "Hot Potato, Orchestra Stalls but we'll make amends"

Is it not "puck will make ammends"?

edited to add - according to the interweb its

"Hot potato, orchestra stalls, pluck to make amends"

People with too much time on their hands

Edited by Mr X

In fact, it would appear Stevenson himeslf disagrees with you ! :rolleyes:

"I’m sorry that we’ve caused these difficulties by not having the quality of response that we wish to have.”

So we've gone from "first class", which you are fully in support of, to this...

Which is right?

In fact, it would appear Stevenson himeslf disagrees with you ! :rolleyes:

"I'm sorry that we've caused these difficulties by not having the quality of response that we wish to have."

So we've gone from "first class", which you are fully in support of, to this...

Which is right?

He's had to make a climbdown because of hysterical tantrums by hysterical wee scrotes. Remember those Tory Peers who had to resign despite being correct in what they said? "Never had it so good."

Oh, sorry, was I not hysterical enough for you? Stirling has been clear the whole time.

Yeah, but then you stay about 10 yards from the main road into Stirling. Had you ventured up through any of the schemes and estates round that area, you'll have seen a different story. I got a taxi into town yesterday, and the driver said he was refusing customers who wanted to go to the top of the town, or down the Braehead/Broomridge area.

But aye, it's been 'clear' the whole time. rolleyes.gif