Snow!

xbl

You mean hysterical whining is only allowed by some people? All I'm doing is exactly the same thing as other people on this thread. I'm matching them whine for whine. Demanding apologies in the same way that they demanded apologies, praising the government needlessly in the same way that others are criticising needlessly, trying to maintain a similar level of over the top absurdity. Why is it alright for the tantrum brigade?

The question I'd ask myself is "why would I need to 'stoop to their level'".

I've been stuck in Edinburgh since Monday. The work has been great and put us up in a hotel. Hopefully they will get the M8 open again and I can get back home. Although it sounds if Shotts / Harthill is in the middle of an Ice Age.

Apparently the grit on the M8 they have been using only works for temps above -10 which is why they cant get rid of the ice.

We are still struggling. The M8 is still closed. The M9 was a sheet of glass this morning. Huge delays in my trunk lorries,and a huge backlog in frieght. Trying to find where goods are is a nightmare.

We are still struggling. The M8 is still closed. The M9 was a sheet of glass this morning. Huge delays in my trunk lorries,and a huge backlog in frieght. Trying to find where goods are is a nightmare.

The M8 has just opened with traffic being headed by a gritter/police car frontline.Junction 1 now open but 2-5 only opening once the gritters have passed.

Source (in case it's bollocks!): BBC Radio Scotland and fivelive.

The M8 has just opened with traffic being headed by a gritter/police car frontline.Junction 1 now open but 2-5 only opening once the gritters have passed.

Source (in case it's bollocks!): BBC Radio Scotland and fivelive.

Aye one of my customers has already been on the phone wanting a pile of ink through west.

As an aside, do you think that the emergency services should have been going round the trapped cars on Monday night to make sure everyone was ok?

I was stuck on the M90 last week for 9/10 hours. No info and no help. The only thing that was we were all helping each other....for once.

I was stuck on the M90 last week for 9/10 hours. No info and no help. The only thing that was we were all helping each other....for once.

Oh I know, and I was 18 hours on the M73 on Monday night - no sign of anyone helping anywhere. I'm just curious as to what people think - misuse of resources or should it have been done?

How exactly were they supposed to get to these people stranded on the motorway? :unsure:

...anyway Father Jack is about to explain himself in the Tiny Parliament.

Feckin hell what a joke of a place - opposition havent seen the statement so tinpot house suspended for 30 minutes, nae wonder I voted against it!!

Edited by drs

Oh I know, and I was 18 hours on the M73 on Monday night - no sign of anyone helping anywhere. I'm just curious as to what people think - misuse of resources or should it have been done?

The civil contingencies should have provided people with much more information over the radio as to the rescue procedure, whether or not to abandon vehicles and what to if a serious illness/cold did occur while stranded. Setting up a helpline at 10pm is hardly an efficent procedure. Communication and relevent information puts people at ease and reasures them.

The Scottish Government did not implement their civil contingencies quickly or efficiently enough. It doesn't give you much encouragement for a real "disaster" situation.

Feckin hell what a joke of a place - opposition havent seen the statement so tinpot house suspended for 30 minutes, nae wonder I voted against it!!

It's absolute comedy isn't it :lol:

What a total waste of money that ridiculous Parliament is.

The police should have at least been Rhee to check everyone was at least safe and provide info what little there was. It's just a daft thing but if I was stranded for hours it would at least show they knew about you and wanted to help. Cold comfort now I suppose

oooh responsibility rests with Father Jack,

but its the MET office fault :lol:

Edited by drs