Snow!

xbl

Yeah, but then you stay about 10 yards from the main road into Stirling. Had you ventured up through any of the schemes and estates round that area, you'll have seen a different story. I got a taxi into town yesterday, and the driver said he was refusing customers who wanted to go to the top of the town, or down the Braehead/Broomridge area.

But aye, it's been 'clear' the whole time. rolleyes.gif

Well aye, we've had a solid week and a half of snow and frozen weather. What do you expect? A magical sun ray? Considering the situation, its been a first class job by the local authorities.

Erm, you're the one claiming the area has been 'clear the whole time'.

As I said "Snowploughs and gritters have been running constantly, the main pavements have been gritted, and its always been easy to get into and about town". This is my experience, and apparently on this thread, thats all you need.

As I said "Snowploughs and gritters have been running constantly, the main pavements have been gritted, and its always been easy to get into and about town". This is my experience, and apparently on this thread, thats all you need.

Apart from the fact that they haven't.

This is my experience, and apparently on this thread, thats all you need.

What a whining bitch of a reply :lol:

As Stewarty says, you've been caught talking bollocks. You said "Stirling has been clear the whole time", which is quite clearly total and utter nonsense.

Are you now saying "Stirling" is actually "my street"?

Apart from the fact that they haven't.

I walked home on Monday night from town and saw three. I've seen plenty of ploughs and gritters at work. The main roads are cleared, its easy to get into town. Its been a good job well done from Stirling Council. Or should I say, the Scottish Government. :huh:

What a whining bitch of a reply :lol:

High praise From the Queen of hysterical tantrums! :lol:

Edited by xbl

Define main pavements - I went arse over tit on the new bridge as it hasnt been cleared/gritted in almost 2 weeks and the pavements around the bus/train station are more suited to John Curry. If the main roads in Stirling are so good how come my office has been shut as road conditions in Stirling mean no one can get to it?

Yer making touself look a tit to try and justify a point.

Asda Linwood have no fuel, seemingly the tankers haven't been able to get out or Grangemouth so they haven't had a deliver in a week. This means no doubt that all other stations in the area are about to run out.

If the main roads in Stirling are so good how come my office has been shut as road conditions in Stirling mean no one can get to it?

Indeed.

We're operating on about half staff just now. Falkirk is probably worse than Stirling too.

You mean hysterical whining is only allowed by some people? All I'm doing is exactly the same thing as other people on this thread. I'm matching them whine for whine. Demanding apologies in the same way that they demanded apologies, praising the government needlessly in the same way that others are criticising needlessly, trying to maintain a similar level of over the top absurdity. Why is it alright for the tantrum brigade?

Tune in at 2pm to see what the incapable Stewart Stevenson says to parliament in his emergancy address. I hope he now apologises to the Met Office for his disgraceful comments and attempt to pass the buck to the forecasters.

I'll give it 6 weeks max before there is a new tranpsort minister.

You mean hysterical whining is only allowed by some people? All I'm doing is exactly the same thing as other people on this thread. I'm matching them whine for whine. Demanding apologies in the same way that they demanded apologies, praising the government needlessly in the same way that others are criticising needlessly, trying to maintain a similar level of over the top absurdity. Why is it alright for the tantrum brigade?

The difference is that you don't deal in facts or evidence. You have nothing to substantiate your arguement and you don't even understand who is responsible for what or even the structure and remit of Transport Scotland. For those reasons you are hardly in a position to assess the situation.

Edited by barrysnotter

Not answering the point about Stirling not being an oasis of clearness as you claimed though!

Asda Linwood have no fuel, seemingly the tankers haven't been able to get out or Grangemouth so they haven't had a deliver in a week. This means no doubt that all other stations in the area are about to run out.

More importantly, Greggs on Victoria Road was shut as its delivery hadn't turned up. :angry: