Snow!

xbl

Just the last thing you need when preparing to drive back down the a9. Means the hills have snow the idiots will go 40 on the clear roads

It's same same in town as well. As soon as there is snow reported on high ground, Inverness gets gridlocked by dobbers driving at 20mph.

It's same same in town as well. As soon as there is snow reported on high ground, Inverness gets gridlocked by dobbers driving at 20mph.

I know, these people should seriously consider public transport this time of year.

If you aren't confident enough to drive in the conditions then let a professional do it for you.

No point being a risk to yourself and others

Just the last thing you need when preparing to drive back down the a9. Means the hills have snow the idiots will go 40 on the clear roads

Part of the problem on the A9 is that HGV's are restricted to 40mph on the single carriegeway sections. That means you get convoys of cars nose to tail behind them forced to drive at that speed. It becomes very difficult - not to mention downright bloody dangerous to get past them - hence the high number of accidents on these sections of that road.

Part of the problem on the A9 is that HGV's are restricted to 40mph on the single carriegeway sections. That means you get convoys of cars nose to tail behind them forced to drive at that speed. It becomes very difficult - not to mention downright bloody dangerous to get past them - hence the high number of accidents on these sections of that road.

this, the number of folk trying to hop the long queues behind a hgv by over taking on blind bends and corners is unbelievable. and only 1 in 4 hgv's yesterday pulled in to allow traffic past.

oh and less said about HGV's overtaking HGV's going uphill the better.. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thought I'd bump this thread since we are meant to get absolutely pummeled. Sky full of something in Cowdenbeath at the moment but nothing fell for the time being.

Anyone got any yet?

Is it the lung burning fumes from mossmorran or just the usual smell of shite?

Bit of a dusting in Central London this morning, not that I actually saw much of it except out the window and my five minute walk either side of being underground, but it was definitely there.

That'll be London closed then?

That'll be London closed then?

Sadly not, I was hoping so when I woke up and saw the slight dusting on the wall and the patio furniture. There are plenty of folk greeting about it being too cold though. More forecast, apparently, so hopefully a day off sitting in my pants, eating toasties and playing FIFA is in the offing.