The Official "lets All Admit Hibs Are Brilliant" Thread.

yes i know, im not going to make excuses, yes we were pish in that semi final, but otherwise they had an easy run. thats not the point i was trying to make, i still wouldnt trade the scottish cup for being 30 million pound in debt

every team we played that year was an spl team iirc. Final not included.. We had Aberdeen in first round!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i know, im not going to make excuses, yes we were pish in that semi final, but otherwise they had an easy run. thats not the point i was trying to make, i still wouldnt trade the scottish cup for being 30 million pound in debt

and there it is boys and girls. The last thing the hibees cling to.... Hearts debt.

and there it is boys and girls. The last thing the hibees cling to.... Hearts debt.

its clinging to something very significant wink.gif unlike what all you jambos cling to, our attendances. and im sure if we were that badly in debt we would never hear the end of it

so what is hearts standards, just finishing second and getting pumped out in the first qualifying round of the champions league by athens and getting into 30 odd million pound debt in the process, now thats what i call special wink.gif

"Just" finishing second?

would that be the cup that you got a very easy run in and just managed to defeat that massive team gretna on penalties? again was it worth being 30 million pounds in debt?

Extremely easy run in.

its clinging to something very significant unlike what all you jambos cling to, our attendances. and im sure if we were that badly in debt we would never hear the end of it

Your attendances?

Your attendances are the last thing i would use. If i could be accused of clinging to anything in relation to your team, it would probably be THE FACT that we've won more derbies at your place than you have.biggrin.gif

I don't think hibs fans thought they were capable of finishing 2nd even during that run. But maybe you were one of the deluded ones. tongue.gif

Still cheer up. 3rd is a good season if you can hang on, but hardly special by Hearts standards thats all.

3rd in the league isn't a special season by Hibs standards either.

3rd in the league isn't a special season by Hibs standards either.

Really?

In the history of the SPL, the best you've achieved was two 3rd places and one 4th place, in it's twelve year history*. If you finished 3rd again this season, you could hardly describe it as an average season.

Well, you're a hibby, re-writing history comes easy so maybe you could.

*I'm fully aware that you never participated in the SPL's inaugural season as you were getting pumped from Stranraer in the lower leagues at the time.

Really?

In the history of the SPL, the best you've achieved was two 3rd places and one 4th place, in it's twelve year history*. If you finished 3rd again this season, you could hardly describe it as an average season.

Well, you're a hibby, re-writing history comes easy so maybe you could.

*I'm fully aware that you never participated in the SPL's inaugural season as you were getting pumped from Stranraer in the lower leagues at the time.

It's a good season, not special by any means.

When did you last finish first or second in the league? And when you were in the first division 98-99 season doesn't count. biggrin.gif

73-74 and 74-75. What's your point?

If you're trying to wind me up then you might aswell stop now because you don't have the means.

Archived