The Official "lets All Admit Hibs Are Brilliant" Thread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Championship forum for this pish!

Our "GTF Day" which is the day every year that the site rolls over into the new season.

GTF of course stands for "Go To Forum" :)

This year we will formally wave goodbye to season 13-14 at 10pm on Sunday 1st June.

Thereafter the supporters of the teams promoted or relegated can move on to their new divisional forum home.

We will also amend all the forum descriptions, the homepage will be updated and any other relevant business will be completed.

Until then we'd ask fans of all promoted or relegated clubs to stick to their relevant forum where appropriate, so take your medicine for another few weeks if you've been demoted, and lord it up for a while longer if you've had a successful season !

Not yet ^_^

Did I mention? Really happy for Terry and Mo. Do they get relegated first season with their clubs to win a promotion bonus the next?

Hibs are brilliant, i haven't seen some many smug faces wiped in ages. So many hibbees at my work winding up the jambos for the full dozen eggs to land smack on their own coupons.

• 11 months later...

I look forward to the next report from Weirdcal's workplace

Will report in at Monday lunch time must bring popcorn

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I remember this thread when John Hughes took over at hibs. What would hibs fans give to go back to the first 4 months of that season right now?

Hibs were unstoppable and playing some amazing football.

I don't think many people that witnessed that season firsthand will agree with you.

We were getting results out of nowhere, burying our relatively few chances thanks to Riordan & Stokes (who were aided by a non-injured and non-exiled Merouane Zemmama, the supernova of Liam Miller's career and brief glimpses of quality from the likes of McBride & Bamba).

We rode our luck until our threadbare squad came apart at the seams. The 1-4 defeat against Rangers encapsulated that season; a brief glimpse of quality from a select few followed by the landslide that was the rest of the side & setup. We played awful football.

edited to add: I would happily take that side's finishing over our current side's. We would be sitting more comfortably in the league if Cummings could finish half as well as Riordan. Beanzema has been more of a cult hero than a class player, people see his highlights but not the chances he fluffs and the stunning sitters he misses more often than not.

Archived