Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Goes home with a tenner in his pocket?

Aye, back pocket. He'll not walk right for a month.

ETA, he's probably scamming free drinks off strangers by regaling them with the tale of leading the deadpool after almost subbing out Harrington.

I could understand that, I would do the same :lol:

Or just drinking other peoples when they go to the lavvy. I can't wait for his boy A and boy B story though.

There was a thread on here a while back where drinking costs were discussed and some studenty types were talking about how they regularly go out with a relatively small amount for an entire night out. It was something like "I'll spend £3 on cider for the house, £1 into the union, buy five pints at £2 and five shots at £1 each and have £3 left for a kebab". I remember it all seeming very strict and regimented and definitely not fun. They were rightly pilloried.

There was a thread on here a while back where drinking costs were discussed and some studenty types were talking about how they regularly go out with a relatively small amount for an entire night out. It was something like "I'll spend £3 on cider for the house, £1 into the union, buy five pints at £2 and five shots at £1 each and have £3 left for a kebab". I remember it all seeming very strict and regimented and definitely not fun. They were rightly pilloried.

That seems fucking awful.

Back to the 'eh' and 'like' thing. It has been brought to my attention that I say 'eh' after a lot of my sentences. "See you later on eh" "come on eh" "cheers for that eh".

A lass I used to work with finished every sentence with "and that", proper riled me. Mind she was from Bolton & had the strongest Bolton accent.

Which minds me of the time I 1st got the job in Bolton, at the induction we had to introduce ourselves & this 1 bloke announced his name was Curl, I thought this is going to be good. Turns out the daft twat was actually called Karl and that. I only worked that out, when he concluded his announcement with his Owd fellah named him after Curl Murx the commie & that.

Grimbo

It's the size of a small shed and yes, that's a wood veneer. It was destined for the tip but I reckon I can probably rent it out as a studio apartment.

Christ, I clicked on to the thread and was met by this post with no context. Was definitely going to ask for pics of...whatever you were talking about (nothing to do with your penis, obvs) :blink:

We've still got a microwave from 1986 - there's a sticker on the back from a long-deceased rental shop in Stirling. Got it for free about a decade ago when our old one died and we needed a replacement in a hurry. Worked just fine, so we never replaced it. Plus, it survived me falling head over heels down the stairs with it at the centre when I brought it home, so I'm thinking it deserves to live. Just occurred to me that it's thirty this year, so we should probably have a party to celebrate - bring your auld yin and they can have a natter about the youngsters always being in such a hurry to heat things up.

Edit: can't type to save my life today.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Christ, I clicked on to the thread and was met by this post with no context. Was definitely going to ask for pics of...whatever you were talking about (nothing to do with your penis, obvs) :blink:

We've still got a microwave from 1986 - there's a sticker on the back from a long-deceased rental shop in Stirling. Got it for free about a decade ago when our old one died and we needed a replacement in a hurry. Worked just fine, so we never replaced it. Plus, it survived me falling head over heels down the stairs with it at the centre when I brought it home, so I'm thinking it deserves to live. Just occurred to me that it's thirty this year, so we should probably have a party to celebrate - bring your auld yin and they can have a natter about the youngsters always being in such a hurry to heat things up.

Edit: can't type to save my life today.

The relic was from a rented flat - just dropped in a new microwave for the tenants. My missus wouldn't let any shabby appliances within a hundred yards of our place.

The relic was from a rented flat - just dropped in a new microwave for the tenants. My missus wouldn't let any shabby appliances within a hundred yards of our place.

Ours was so excited too :(

I'll tell it that you sent yours to live with a nice family on a farm.