Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The pain level depends on where you get tattooed, and how your own body reacts to such things. You'll know yourself how painful you've found cuts and suchlike in the past, so prepare accordingly. You'll find lots of stuff online detailing the most painful areas.

Having my calf tattooed was bizarre. Not sure if it was something to do with inheriting my mum's varicose veins, but that just felt like having a really good scratch at an itch. Felt bad for the girl as there was blood everywhere by the end, but the bulging veins in that leg seem to have all but disappeared   :thumsup2

I only usually do full day sittings now, the best advice I can give you is eat. Make sure you eat and drink, whenever you get a chance.

The last two all dayers I had a massive breakfast and then just starved from like 10am - 8pm only drinking water. The sore head was miles worse (both times) than any of the tattooing.

It'll also hurt more the second time going over it as the skin underneath still hasn't healed if you do it a fortnight later - any tattooist worth their salt wouldn't have you back in a chair going over until about 6 weeks have passed.

Edited by Deeboy

I only usually do full day sittings now, the best advice I can give you is eat. Make sure you eat and drink, whenever you get a chance.

The last two all dayers I had a massive breakfast and then just starved from like 10am - 8pm only drinking water. The sore head was miles worse (both times) than any of the tattooing.

It'll also hurt more the second time going over it as the skin underneath still hasn't healed if you do it a fortnight later - any tattooist worth their salt wouldn't have you back in a chair going over until about 6 weeks have passed.

This. I got one done on an empty stomach with a stinking hangover and it wasn't sore, but I thought I was going to pass out. Ringing ears, dizziness etc. The tattoo artist said it's common on a hangover and no food, a glass of water and a 5 minute break and I was ok, but I would never get another one in that state. Whitey central.

My tattoo will be on my inner arm. Expecting some pain at least but it will be worth it when it's done. I'll just daydream to the last 20 mins of the cup final when it's getting done.

Don't go in with a hangover, have something to eat beforehand, take a couple of ibuprofen & rub some ibuleve on the area getting tattoo'd 30 mins before you go in and you' be fine Doyle.

My tattoo will be on my inner arm. Expecting some pain at least but it will be worth it when it's done. I'll just daydream to the last 20 mins of the cup final when it's getting done.

Upper inner? If so, take tramadol and enjoy the trip. If not, fear the worst.

Upper inner? If so, take tramadol and enjoy the trip. If not, fear the worst.

Worse for me was my ribs by far. Nearly whitey'd after the first one, other side wasn't so bad. Inside my bicep was pretty painful as well at times but nothing too bad.