Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Indeed, club crest or something, that's abysmal!

Sorry Eoin but that's a shocker.

Quite. I like the sentiment, I've got a Clyde tattoo after all, but that is just... wow.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The boy on here with the Clydebank tattoo has to be the best worst tattoo I've seen.

RobRoyGuy's response from another thread.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2014 at 0:06 AM, RobRoyGuy said:

Still got it , horrible mistake on my part , i am always walking about with one glove on ( not a good look) or one hand in my pocket .Btw got it when i was 30. Never did get my nose broke.Thinking of you bankie wherever you are . :(

14973998562_124298793e.jpg

He's deleted his post but it's been quoted more than once. Not the sharpest knife in the block. 

Frankly I'm amazed he's old enough to get a tattoo.

Is the word 'tinker' racist or offensive? Someone at my work used it today in a meeting and I said that I was a bit uncomfortable with the word. Nobody else there thought it was an offensive word and seemed genuinely surprised that I thought it was something to be avoided. It got me wondering, have I spent my whole life thinking a perfectly innocent word is offensive, or did I just happen to be in a room full of people who had no idea it was an offensive word?

Is the word 'tinker' racist or offensive? Someone at my work used it today in a meeting and I said that I was a bit uncomfortable with the word. Nobody else there thought it was an offensive word and seemed genuinely surprised that I thought it was something to be avoided. It got me wondering, have I spent my whole life thinking a perfectly innocent word is offensive, or did I just happen to be in a room full of people who had no idea it was an offensive word?

Isn't it a word for poor person's trade, like peasant?

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Isn't it a word for poor person's trade, like peasant?

I always thought it was an offensive word to describe a traveller. Similar to 'pikey'. I might be imagining it but I'm sure a teacher got suspended at my school for saying to a pupil that she 'looked like a tink'. 

10 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

"Some travelling groups and Romani people adopted this lifestyle and the name was particularly associated with indigenous Scottish Highland Travellers and Irish Travellers. However, this usage is disputed and considered offensive by some.[2]" So contentious, but I'm not completely out of line for finding it somewhat offensive.