Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I can't recall the last time I had toast. Will have to fire up the toaster soon. I've got some peanut butter in the cupboard.

I always have a layer of speed underneth any topping I put on toast (usually Golden Shredless, peanut butter or blueberry jam).

And I drink semi skimmed milk. Blue top is sickly sweet and makes me feel ill

Aff his nut.

25 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

I'm watching Ross Kemp : The fight against Isis on Sky1. Not usually a fan of his programs but seeing folk actively attempting to shoot him and him run like he's shit himself is actually good tv. 

I watched that too. The Kurdish commander with the Range Rover (RIP - spolier, sorry) was a cool dude. He joked "IS have put me right off Islam" and showed off his multiple bullet scars.  

There's another one on now, it's got 19 year old women (wid) fighters and folk are still shooting at Ross Kemp. Boys took it up a notch. Fair play. 

He keeps saying 'flatly' and I keep expecting some light footed Irishman to come dancing across the field though. 

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Definitely PTTGOYN for refrigerated ketchup. A fucking disgraceful act.

The mrs keeps the eggs in the fridge. Not neccessary IMO but cant get excited.

Ketchup though. Not on my watch.

It says on the back of ketchup 'refrigerate after opening', that's why I do it. Given that they make the stuff, I'm inclined to take their advice.

It says on the back of ketchup 'refrigerate after opening', that's why I do it. Given that they make the stuff, I'm inclined to take their advice.

I bet you throw stuff out just because it goes past its sell by date too.

Do you eat bread with mould?

Its only penicillin after all.

No. I remember living in halls and one of my flatmates had a tendency to try to throw out milk when it went past its use by date, even when it smelt and tasted fine. Just couldn't figure that one out at all.

Mould I get. Things like cheese I would personally just cut off the mouldy bit, but I understand why it's off-putting, but perfectly good food, without mould, being thrown out just seems bizarre to me.

Milk for example. Saturday's date, but it smells fine, looks fine, give it a wee sip and it tastes normal. Throw it out or keep?

Keep.

My milk always seems to last a day or two beyond it's use by date. Maybe my fridge is slightly too cold or whatever, but it tastes perfectly fine.

35 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

No. I remember living in halls and one of my flatmates had a tendency to try to throw out milk when it went past its use by date, even when it smelt and tasted fine. Just couldn't figure that one out at all.

Mould I get. Things like cheese I would personally just cut off the mouldy bit, but I understand why it's off-putting, but perfectly good food, without mould, being thrown out just seems bizarre to me.

Blue cheese is mouldy and lovely as well, though I agree, just cut off the mould from cheddar.

18 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Shin meaning shoes.

#westcoastnostalgia

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

"Shin" slang for shoes.

Never heard it personally.  

47 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Smells, discoloured or mouldy. Depends on the item.

Milk for example. Saturday's date, but it smells fine, looks fine, give it a wee sip and it tastes normal. Throw it out or keep?