Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

I agree.  I was basing my wid status on the pre tattoed,  pre junkie looking Amy.

Definitely now a wid not.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. She's fucked her dial up big time, but the rest of her will still be working.

Succinct. 
Anyway, having a flick through he pinnacle of journalism that is the Dundee Courier (hard copy) and some wifie has put a personal ad in (the only one) including a selfie, phone number and email address.
Is this normal? Has she never heard of WTM? Should I email her to warn her?

@Da Baracus

55 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Surely the main reasons for going to a concert is to listen to the tunes .

Would it really make that much of a difference if the lyrics were signed ?

She could probably pick up some of the music from the vibration, why not let her know the words too? A band doing a tour could set up a synched video of a signer during rehearsals and the set and lighting design phase.

It’s fuckin Little Mix, she should be thankful she’s deaf. Imagine having to watch some c**t sign

I got the, I got the power
Cause I got, I got, I got the power
Baby don't forget I got the power
The power

Motorbike, motorbike, motorbike, motorbike
Bike, bike, bike, bike
Bike, bike, bike, bike, bike, bike, whoop

18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It’s fuckin Little Mix, she should be thankful she’s deaf. Imagine having to watch some c**t sign

Cause I got, I got, I got the power
Baby don't forget I got the power
The power

Motorbike, motorbike, motorbike, motorbike
Bike, bike, bike, bike
Bike, bike, bike, bike, bike, bike, whoop

Lifechanging lyrics, right there.

Amy Macdonald uploaded the following selfie to her Instagram:

IMG_0719.thumb.jpg.ada5afad47d774cb1572b357fa95dfa1.jpg

I think she looks disgusting and I have no idea why nobody tells her this in the comments section, she looks like a clown.

She looks like something out of Madame Tussaud’s. Saying that, I’d still ride it until the fire brigade had to remove me from her corpse.

Big story of the day but what would a woman hired as a "hostess" for an all male event think what the job entailed, especially with these instructions? 

The 130 hostesses were told to wear skimpy black outfits with matching underwear and high heels and also that they could drink alcohol while working.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42810724

Big story of the day but what would a woman hired as a "hostess" for an all male event think what the job entailed, especially with these instructions? 
 The 130 hostesses were told to wear skimpy black outfits with matching underwear and high heels and also that they could drink alcohol while working.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42810724

I think its pretty shameful, but then again I also think the way i’ve seen women on hen nights groping guys and similar is also disgusting.

I've never been invited to a male-only event in my life.  I don't think I'd like to go to one either.

The reports from that event sound awful, a bunch of sweaty lipped, fat men glad to be away from their wives for an evening groping women who can't tell them to f**k off.  Depressing.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I've never been invited to a male-only event in my life.  I don't think I'd like to go to one either.

The reports from that event sound awful, a bunch of sweaty lipped, fat men glad to be away from their wives for an evening groping women who can't tell them to f**k off.  Depressing.

According to the FT journalist the women included  lawyers, film producers and marketing executives. For £200 they could easily afford to tell them to gtf, and still be paid more than likely.

Edited by welshbairn

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-42776454

I'm a bit torn by this.  Yes, of course the deaf girls should be allowed to have the same experience as everyone else, but is it just me that thinks the mother is coming across as an attention seeking boot here?

i would like little mix if i was deaf

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

According to the FT journalist the women included  lawyers, film producers and marketing executives. For £200 they could easily afford to tell them to gtf, and still be paid more than likely.

That's not what they said - "many were students, hoping to launch careers as lawyers and marketing executives.... others were actresses, dancers and models who did occasional hostessing work to make ends meet"

https://www.ft.com/content/075d679e-0033-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That's not what they said - "many were students, hoping to launch careers as lawyers and marketing executives.... others were actresses, dancers and models who did occasional hostessing work to make ends meet"

https://www.ft.com/content/075d679e-0033-11e8-9650-9c0ad2d7c5b5

What did they think a "hostess" meant? It's not a new term. No excuse for the mens behaviour but nobody thought the event was meant to be any different from what it was. The post event shock and horror, especially from male attendants is cringeworthy.