Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I had a policeman in a police safety camera van giving me some road rage earlier. Was passing his van on the motorway when he decided to pull out, clearly not noticing me. To avoid him spearing me into the central reservation I had to either boot it past him or slam on the brakes in a slushy outside lane (not a great idea so I just floored it). He then started flashing his lights and gesticulating, not in a policemany way but in a van man road rage fanny type way. 

38 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I had a policeman in a police safety camera van giving me some road rage earlier. Was passing his van on the motorway when he decided to pull out, clearly not noticing me. To avoid him spearing me into the central reservation I had to either boot it past him or slam on the brakes in a slushy outside lane (not a great idea so I just floored it). He then started flashing his lights and gesticulating, not in a policemany way but in a van man road rage fanny type way. 

^^^

images-3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-devon-42661283/speeding-motorcyclist-caught-by-own-helmet-camera

Boy films himself crashing his bike.

Since when are the police allowed to look at the guy's camera footage?
Gestapo stuff.

"Contains upsetting scenes"

Where?  All I could see was a video of some c**t very nearly Darwin Awarding himself.  I thought it was hilarious.

14 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

"Contains upsetting scenes"

Where?  All I could see was a video of some c**t very nearly Darwin Awarding himself.  I thought it was hilarious.

Must have grassed his mate in too.

Unbelievable story about Newsnight presenter Emily Maitlis - stalked for more than 20 years by a former University friend - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42725776

I was going to start a new thread asking have any P&Bers waged a campaign of harrassment for more than 20 years but we all know who has.

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It's a short step from the police taking the guy's camera to the police demanding your phone or other belongings. 

The guy was doing 118mph and put other road users at risk due to his own selfishness. At least with him being on a motorbike if he'd had a crash at that speed there was probably a fair chance of him being halved in two, the problem is he could have taken someone else out also. No sympathy for him at all and the polis are quite right here. 

It's a short step from the police taking the guy's camera to the police demanding your phone or other belongings. 

Settle down George Orwell.
There’s a massive, f**k off leap between the police attending an accident and trying to put together how it happened and you being stopped on the street, doing no wrong, and the police demanded your belongings.

34 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Police already do take your belongings. A friend of mine has had his phone taken off him for about six months despite not being a suspect, and even though they can easily just download conversations now.

Why has he had his phone taken from him?

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Because they believe it has messages on it which incriminate the person who has messaged him. As I said, not sure why they can't just download the whole conversation.

What did you send him, you naughty boy?

Walking past the stall in Silverburn were scheme goblins go to get their eyebrows done and their horrible makeup plastered on.  My 4 year old daughter pipes up, just shy of a bellow, "Are they getting face paints done?", which caused me to nearly pish myself laughing.  Don't think any of the terrifying women sitting there were too chuffed.