Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

49 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I had to move out of my flat yesterday after there was a domestic violence incident on Saturday evening. All very unpleasant and having to stay temporarily with family until I can get a new place sorted.

But in doing so I also lived by my own words. Yes, Pie and Bovril, I intervened in this attack. I, Ad Lib, STRONGLY ADVISED the assaulting party to cease and desist and to leave the flat immediately, and I placed myself between them to protect the other person from further harm.

It worked.

And to think they all doubted you! Well done. 

I had to move out of my flat yesterday after there was a domestic violence incident on Saturday evening. All very unpleasant and having to stay temporarily with family until I can get a new place sorted.
But in doing so I also lived by my own words. Yes, Pie and Bovril, I intervened in this attack. I, Ad Lib, STRONGLY ADVISED the assaulting party to cease and desist and to leave the flat immediately, and I placed myself between them to protect the other person from further harm.
It worked.

Credit to you but why are you having to move if your not to blame?

44 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Credit to you but why are you having to move if your not to blame?

I chose to leave because I no longer felt safe in the flat and I am only a lodger whereas she was the tenant and it was clear he was going to continue to live with her because it’s an abusive and dysfunctional relationship.

5 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

It worked.

Did you get your hole?

I chose to leave because I no longer felt safe in the flat and I am only a lodger whereas she was the tenant and it was clear he was going to continue to live with her because it’s an abusive and dysfunctional relationship.

You know you could make a referral under right to tell/right to ask which may reveal to her that he’s done it before? If this person’s at risk credit to you for stepping in, but there needs to be more intervention (which ultimately depends on her).

47 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You know you could make a referral under right to tell/right to ask which may reveal to her that he’s done it before? If this person’s at risk credit to you for stepping in, but there needs to be more intervention (which ultimately depends on her).

The police were called (against her wishes). I don’t know exactly what happened there after I left the flat but there was a padlock that had been put on the door at some point but it had clearly been removed by the time I returned to collect my belongings and move out.

I’ve still to give a full statement to the police but intend to do so now I’m not living there.

It worked.

Good to hear that, under certain circumstances, the strongly advising approach works. However, until you have tried this in darkness, in your own home while confronted by a burglar, I feel that you have not fully tested the ‘strongly advising’ theory.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is that Clare's Law? Someone in work mentioned that a few weeks ago - seemingly her cousin had been seeing someone for a few weeks and on her facebook profile she'd listed herself as being in a relationship with this certain person... who it turned out was being heavily monitored by the police. She got a mystery phone call one day which strongly advised her to call the police under Clare's Law and ask them about her new boyfriend. She did so and over the course of the conversation ended up getting linked to a news story about this guy having served jail time recently for doing some serious (multiple fractures and breaks) damage to a previous girlfriend.

Thankfully according to my workmate she steered well clear of him after that.

41 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The police were called (against her wishes). I don’t know exactly what happened there after I left the flat but there was a padlock that had been put on the door at some point but it had clearly been removed by the time I returned to collect my belongings and move out.

I’ve still to give a full statement to the police but intend to do so now I’m not living there.

Good on you. It'd be easy to turn a blind eye to this type of shite.

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-43963662/sex-addiction-five-times-a-day-wasn-t-enough

This burd wanted it more than 5 times a day.

I couldn't be bothered with that.

She should have got married.

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

Was that the flat in Maida Vale that sounded almost too good to be true for first digs in London?

P.S. Well done Sir.

Edited by welshbairn