Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I like Spoons. Obviously its low quality food, but if you're paying £5 for a burger, chips and a pint it's hardly going to be gourmet stuff is it.

Absolute value for money, and usually a good pint in the one I would go to as well. 

Shame you end up in another fucking dimension when you need a pish though

21 minutes ago, deej said:

I like Spoons. Obviously its low quality food, but if you're paying £5 for a burger, chips and a pint it's hardly going to be gourmet stuff is it.

Absolute value for money, and usually a good pint in the one I would go to as well. 

This. The one in the Ferry do a pretty decent breakfast for £5. Both in size and quality. 

The pints in the two Spoons (that I know of) in Dundee/Ferry are usually on the upper scale of quality too, tbh. 

It's a decent place for an afternoon pint. Got to be out of there by about 6pm though. 

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Wetherspoons is for underagers and minks. Shite drink, shite food, shite owner, shite customers and more often than not the toilets are fucking miles away from the bar.

Is Wetherspoons still round on Tay Street, Tam?

11 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Wetherspoons is alright, wouldn't go there for a birthday meal but its passable.cheap as sin and sometimes that's all you want. Free coffee refills deserves a mention.

You're sinning all wrong if it's comparable to eating in 'Spoons.

They are ok to get your bearings in a place that's new to you, or on your way somewhere else. The £2.00ish pints are always pish and not worth that much.

Wetherspoons is for underagers and minks. Shite drink, shite food, shite owner, shite customers and more often than not the toilets are fucking miles away from the bar.
This just singles you out as a snobby b*****d.

No-one is saying it's high quality food but it serves a purpose.

I'd also throw a wee bit of a defence to the big arsehole owner guy. Did I not read somewhere that they treat their staff well (better than average catering/pub trade) and the fact they try to support local products is definitely admirable.

On the whole, not somewhere I go if given the choice. But each to their own.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This just singles you out as a snobby b*****d.

No-one is saying it's high quality food but it serves a purpose.

I'd also throw a wee bit of a defence to the big arsehole owner guy. Did I not read somewhere that they treat their staff well (better than average catering/pub trade) and the fact they try to support local products is definitely admirable.

On the whole, not somewhere I go if given the choice. But each to their own.

I'm in no way a snobby b*****d, I do have a minimal amount of self respect though and of course it serves a purpose, usually for underagers and minks.

47 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The Wetherspoons in Leith Street do a damn good breakfast.

As does the Foot Of The Walk.  Bonus in there is if you're into people watching (from an anthropological perspective of course), then there's a real varied representation from all parts of the Peoples Republic.  Guy tried to sell me perfume and X-Box games from his manbag and a 32" flat screen tv which he said was in his van round the corner.

Characters indeed.

5 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

As does the Foot Of The Walk.  Bonus in there is if you're into people watching (from an anthropological perspective of course), then there's a real varied representation from all parts of the Peoples Republic.  Guy tried to sell me perfume and X-Box games from his manbag and a 32" flat screen tv which he said was in his van round the corner.

Characters indeed.

Guy was distracting you whilst his boy stole the milk from your tea.