Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 24/04/2021 at 08:41, Pato said:

Does Alien pass the Bechdel test?

Edit: Should say I'd never heard of this till you mentioned it, but it seems that this is the original source of it and it names Alien specifically (according to wiki that is) 

Dykes_to_Watch_Out_For_(Bechdel_test_origin).jpg

Edited by madwullie

On 25/04/2021 at 15:25, Shotgun said:

I have a copy I picked up in a second hand bookshop. My favourite bit was about how the best way to obtain guns was to steal them from a police station or military base. I don’t doubt that security was a lot more lax in the 60’s but I suspect that even then, any anarchist group with the means to steal guns from the military probably wouldn’t need a reference book to tell them what to do next. 

The guy who wrote that, Bill Powell, taught at my current school in Indonesia. He then went on, with his wife, to run a educational consultancy concentrating on inclusion of kids who learn in different ways.

22 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

"Most nominees and winners come from Europe or America, with hardly anyone ever from Scotland being nominated."

I know we left the EU, didn't realise we'd left Europe entirely.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Most nominees and winners come from Europe or America, with hardly anyone ever from Scotland being nominated."

I know we left the EU, didn't realise we'd left Europe entirely.

Another year you weren't nominated JG?

Maybe next year.

34 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

For me it's a scandal he wasn't nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay for his fabric softener tales.

I f***** that up, too, I haven't a notion how many washes have been done from our current bottle.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are you casting him as some kind of fairy?

Lenor, please.

15 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

This is my 10,002nd post on P&B. I wanted to mark exactly my 10,000th post in here but got carried away after our glorious cup win last night.

Here's to the next 10,000 posts 🍺

Who was it that made a thread saying he was retiring from the forum as he had reached 10,000 posts and that was what he set out to do when he joined? Then started posting again shortly after. Hibee Jibee maybe?

Should be like Logan's Run where you get eliminated after your 10,000 post.
IMO.
Why have such an arbitrary figure when we have c***s admitting to eating mushroom suppers or wearing green trousers?

Lets weed out the open deviants first eh....

24 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Who was it that made a thread saying he was retiring from the forum as he had reached 10,000 posts and that was what he set out to do when he joined? Then started posting again shortly after. Hibee Jibee maybe?

Yes it was - I think it might be in the gold forum.

Anyone buying a home with no intention of actually living there should be subject to a tax of 50% of the price paid, would gain tax revenues while bringing the cost of buying a home down massively overnight.

I dont really understand this. Yes bad landlords need to be stopped but it doesnt mean all landlords are arseholes. Some people want to rent so it falls to reason that some people need to be their landlords.

I dont really understand this. Yes bad landlords need to be stopped but it doesnt mean all landlords are arseholes. Some people want to rent so it falls to reason that some people need to be their landlords.
This^

Sticking everybody in to renting from the council or housing associations would mean a higher chance of someone you dont want living next to you being next door.