Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Great day at the opening day of the boolin, a win and a few pints.  Splendid.

I joined my local bowling club this year too, great fun.

8 minutes ago, Pato said:

Wife and I have just had a chat about our long planned trip to Dobbies only to realise neither of us particularly wants to buy anything and we were just going because we could, so we've packed it in. I feel like this is one of those moments in life where the timeline forks into two possible futures and for once we picked the good option.

Don’t see what the problem is with it - it’s a garden centre with a few other things that can keep the kids entertained. It is what it is.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Don’t see what the problem is with it - it’s a garden centre with a few other things that can keep the kids entertained. It is what it is.

It’s too late for you throbber. You can’t be saved. 

Just now, Pato said:

I'm just meaning the prospect of aimlessly going to a retail destination without that trip being built around specifically buying something we need seems to have fallen away as a thing we want to do now.

I went there to buy a clematis and a few dahlia bulbs. I could easily spend £1000 In there without even trying.

I really wished Id stuck in properly at the bowls. Would have been a good social outlet.

It’s a fun sport really. Admittedly the average age of members must be 65+, but everyone I’ve met so far have been really welcoming and friendly. Looking forward to playing in the summer, think it will be class in the sunshine.

6 minutes ago, Pato said:

I'm just meaning the prospect of aimlessly going to a retail destination without that trip being built around specifically buying something we need seems to have fallen away as a thing we want to do now.

image.thumb.png.860a98227765e9e771533f005c4080ef.png

It’s a fun sport really. Admittedly the average age of members must be 65+, but everyone I’ve met so far have been really welcoming and friendly. Looking forward to playing in the summer, think it will be class in the sunshine.
It can be fun. I found it much better than indoors, as the weather and temperature can affect the green and it makes for more interesting battles, not just the same fucking carpet the whole time.

You also need the ideal set for playing at your best. I played with size 4 Henselites (?) the whole time I played between 10 and 18. Once tried a game with my dad's size 3 Taylors and just shat the bed everywhere, couldn't get near the jack!

Did you know someone in the bowling club or did you just decide one day f**k it eh fancy playing some bowls ? 

Yeah I had to get nominated by an existing Member. Not sure how it would have worked had I not known him.

2 hours ago, Pato said:

I feel like this is one of those moments in life where the timeline forks into two possible futures and for once we picked the good option.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Congratulations Mixu - you've avoided being throbber.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I went there to buy a clematis and a few dahlia bulbs. I could easily spend £1000 In there without even trying.

I didn't realise my wife had long lost relations in Edinburgh...

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Congratulations Mixu - you've avoided being throbber.

Laugh all you want - I get to enjoy this rhododendron/gnome combination today and I don’t even have work tomorow.

95FB727F-E15C-44F2-93C2-DEC678F37FD4.jpeg

Edited by throbber

20 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Went to GoApe with my best pal today for her birthday and to just have a day with her laughing and smiling is excellent (she's a Mental Health Nurse

If I joke about it being a busman's holiday for her are you likely to retire from P&B?