Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

@RuMoore - blue razz lemonade is shit. Seen you write it on here the other day so bought one. Awful. ElfBars are awful full stop, tbh. Mon the Crystal's!

Also, despite sending me up to Barra on Tuesday my company have evidently not sorted the on call rota. I got a call out to Cambuslang at 2am this morning. <_<

Listening to BBC radio shortbread this morning and they had the commentary for the England goals yesterday and I've never heard a more grating voice than whoever was on commentary.

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

@RuMoore - blue razz lemonade is shit. Seen you write it on here the other day so bought one. Awful. ElfBars are awful full stop, tbh. Mon the Crystal's!

Also, despite sending me up to Barra on Tuesday my company have evidently not sorted the on call rota. I got a call out to Cambuslang at 2am this morning. <_<

Ahah apologies my man I only wrote that for comedic effect, I hate vapes in all their forms and flavours. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/17/gotthard-base-tunnel-railway-train-closed-for-months-switzerland-derailment

“It appears that the extent of damage is considerably greater than that shown by the first estimates. In total, about eight kilometres (five miles) of track and 20,000 concrete railroad ties will have to be replaced,” SBB said. “Restoration work should continue until the end of 2023."

Now if this had happened in Good 'Ol Blighty, how long would repairs take ?

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/17/gotthard-base-tunnel-railway-train-closed-for-months-switzerland-derailment

“It appears that the extent of damage is considerably greater than that shown by the first estimates. In total, about eight kilometres (five miles) of track and 20,000 concrete railroad ties will have to be replaced,” SBB said. “Restoration work should continue until the end of 2023."

Now if this had happened in Good 'Ol Blighty, how long would repairs take ?

That depends if it happened within twenty miles of that London, or out in the sticks.

Nipped into the Taybridge Bar for a swift one after work and the missus phones on the way back from the hairdressers. 

"Where are you?" 

"Waiting for the bus" 

The lassie behind the bar decides to put on the jukebox. "More than a feeling" full blast. 

Caught bonnie, as they say in this neck of the woods. 

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Was having a fascinating conversation this afternoon with a young Palestinian lady (in Dundee via Turkey/Qatar). Anyway, I was wowing her with some concrete and cement chat when she started talking about ashtrays and how important they were and are endangered. Bit bizarre I thought but hey ho. I said I agreed completely given the way of life these days and how we are all a bit more health conscious.   She went on her way but as she was leaving she handed me a small bag as a gift. "A book about ashtrays", she said. "You may find it interesting"

Opened the bag.

Hide contents

The Ash Tree

Feels like Im living in an episode of the Broons. 

The McBroons- from Viz | Funny images, Jokes, Funny

11 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Only 8 hours per Google Maps…probably varies depending on ferry timing…sounds like overtime to me.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

A lot of folk don't know where this quote comes from. 

James T. Kirk, at the end of The Wrath of Khan. 

On 10/08/2023 at 23:15, Florentine_Pogen said:

The Northfield Hotel on southside of Capital City is currently going through the standard owner procedure when an application to demolish a listed building has been refused.

Encouraging on-site fly tipping by builders and wee neds trying to burn it to the ground.

All because they want to build...........yes, you've guessed it.............student accommodation.

Well, well......went past Northfield Hotel site this evening on bus and was dismayed to see that the building has been demolished and is now a pile of rubble.

Thank you Chamic Services..................😧