Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’d have gone with:

”have you had enough of dendrites infiltrating your cathode? Why not give our NEW porous mesh structure a go? You won’t believe how much your electrochemical performance will be enhanced”

probably with a picture of a lady in a bikini, clearly needing a good dendrite infiltration.

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

We Blue Brazil fans didn't know that.  I don't think they care.:eek:

41 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Look forward to that coming up on the Missing Words round in HIGNFY.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

He wasn't feline well tbf.

Vets discriminated against my son who identifies as a cat by refusing to treat him'

A mom said her son identifies as a cat but she can't take him to the vet

An American woman went viral online after posting a video explaining her frustration at the vets after they refused to treat her son who identifies as a cat.

The video, posted on TikTok, has caused a frenzy among users who claimed the woman's comments were "ridiculous". 

She seemed to be complaining that even though her son identifies as a cat, the vet refused to treat him because of his human anatomy, which she saw as a form of discrimination. 

The mom said that because her son said that he’s a cat, he is one and should be treated like one. 

157300.avif?r=1710515220749

In the video, she says: "My son does identify as a cat but I cannot take him to a vet because I tried that and the veterinarian told me that because he has human anatomy, he does not know how to work on him or diagnose him."

The vet told the mom that he "legally cannot" treat her son.

She went on: "While I do think that is a form of discrimination because, you know, if he says he's a cat, he is a cat annd he needs to be treated like one."

Could she not tell him to just stop being a little pussy(cat)

Seen some headline yesterday that ‘merica wants to ban tik tok and i can see why if this is the shite that’s on it. 

Edited by buchan30

On Calmac ferries, the safety announcement informs that the emergency signal consists of 'seven or more short blasts on the ship's whistle'. 

Why 7? Why not, oh I dunno, one? Everyone will be counting through 4, 5 and 6 while the vessel could be keeling over.

Or we could be engulfed in fire but most passengers are pretty sure they only heard 6 blasts on the whistle so continue with whatever they're doing, unworried.

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

On Calmac ferries, the safety announcement informs that the emergency signal consists of 'seven or more short blasts on the ship's whistle'. 

Why 7? Why not, oh I dunno, one? Everyone will be counting through 4, 5 and 6 while the vessel could be keeling over.

Or we could be engulfed in fire but most passengers are pretty sure they only heard 6 blasts on the whistle so continue with whatever they're doing, unworried.

One or 2 blasts could just be warning another vessel to gtf out of the way.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

He wasn't feline well tbf.

Vets discriminated against my son who identifies as a cat by refusing to treat him'

A mom said her son identifies as a cat but she can't take him to the vet

An American woman went viral online after posting a video explaining her frustration at the vets after they refused to treat her son who identifies as a cat.

The video, posted on TikTok, has caused a frenzy among users who claimed the woman's comments were "ridiculous". 

She seemed to be complaining that even though her son identifies as a cat, the vet refused to treat him because of his human anatomy, which she saw as a form of discrimination. 

The mom said that because her son said that he’s a cat, he is one and should be treated like one. 

157300.avif?r=1710515220749

In the video, she says: "My son does identify as a cat but I cannot take him to a vet because I tried that and the veterinarian told me that because he has human anatomy, he does not know how to work on him or diagnose him."

The vet told the mom that he "legally cannot" treat her son.

She went on: "While I do think that is a form of discrimination because, you know, if he says he's a cat, he is a cat annd he needs to be treated like one."

As I suspected it's a spoof used by right wingers to have a go at trans people.

image.png.de066054f2922a238c4a97e6f77cd619.png

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Fucking, fucking hell. 

Monday morning I am sharing this with everybody.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Madness. The boy that sent me the link to it also found a paper that had been published in late 2023 and had >9k citations already. 

Jeez, that's a (scientific term) shit ton.

The most I have for one paper is about 650, and it was published in 2011.

17 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

1 and 2 blasts mean I want to pass you on the port/starboard side and 3 means I'm going into reverse. By the time you get to 7 blasts everyone should be thinking ‘oh shit, summats up!!’

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

One or 2 blasts could just be warning another vessel to gtf out of the way.

25 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

1 and 2 blasts mean I want to pass you on the port/starboard side and 3 means I'm going into reverse. By the time you get to 7 blasts everyone should be thinking ‘oh shit, summats up!!’

4 means the cafeteria is out of burgers, 5 means last orders at the bar, and 6 means the captain got his nat king last night?

I'm not sure why they can't just have a separate emergency alarm and save everyone a few vital seconds they could be using to run around in a panic looking for life jackets.