Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

29 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Thanks for reminding me, those p***ks stole money off me and still owe me £55

The funding authorities or the students?

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The funding authorities or the students?

I'll take it off whoever wants to give me it.  

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure if there’s a more appropriate thread but this is awful.  People should not be leaving higher education with debt like this around their necks.

IMG_2168.thumb.jpeg.4516c991dbeb83d59ad8cc52f1908243.jpeg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c2xxp2gv4d1o

You’re starting down a real drag on housing and such…young people in the U.S. often can’t afford to buy a house because they”re playing back debt. $1.75 TRILLION, averaging $28,950 per person, in total student loan debt. That’s 6,044,951 people, and the older the debtor, the higher the average balance, because interest often inflates the amount owed. 92% are Federal, so there’s a chance they get forgiven…so far Biden has managed to approve forgiveness of about $150 BILLION in student debt…so that’s about 518,134 people, still less than 10%.

Just imagine if the people making those loan payments could spend the money within their community. You have to stop this happening to the UK.

The wife and I went to pick up our driving licences today after just a year's wait.  Wife got hers no problem but the staff said they'd post mine out as I was a foreigner. Fair enough you might think but she had it in her hand whilst she was telling me this, giving me tantalising glimpses of the said card.  I actually asked If I could hold it in my hand as, given the state of the postal service here, I may never see it again.  She agreed but seemed anxious the whole time I held it as If I was going to do a runner with it.  

59 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

After being knocked out of the Euros the Romanian team left their locker room spotless and wrote a thank you note for Germany for hosting. For many we are still gypsies but we are not so much as we used to be

After being knocked out of the Euros the Romanian team left their locker room spotless and wrote a thank you note for Germany for hosting.

Got in the habit after a few AirBnB trips no doubt

1 hour ago, Peil said:

Got in the habit after a few AirBnB trips no doubt

Hopefully they didn't also have to pay a 50 grand cleaning bill despite their efforts.