Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm think of going to Uni next year for the first time at the grand age of 29

Decided I don't want to spend my life working in what is now a dead end job for me with no real future prospects, also I was in a serious accident last year that's made me think more about my future

I'm filling in my application form, and to be honest, I'm shitting it.

I was 30 when I went to Uni and it was not as daunting as I thought it would be. I wasn't interested in the social life so I can't comment on that but the experience was worthwhile. I found my life experience and maturity made up for any academic shortcomings/lack of qualifications that I thought might be a barrier.

I used to dislike mature students, or at least some of them, because they seemed to be preoccupied with trying to impress the tutor rather than actually discussing things (or just keeping quiet), but looking back this was just pettiness on my part. Higher education's a great thing and you're lucky to live in a country where access to it is comparatively easy, so I say go for it, Enrico.

I'm think of going to Uni next year for the first time at the grand age of 29

Decided I don't want to spend my life working in what is now a dead end job for me with no real future prospects, also I was in a serious accident last year that's made me think more about my future

I'm filling in my application form, and to be honest, I'm shitting it.

As others have already said, go for it. It is a wee bit scary, but then the best things often are. I was in my twenties before I went (for the same reasons as you're thinking about it) and it's one of the best things I ever did. The school leavers who are there for a f**k about and little else are annoying, but you get used to it. I didn't partake in the same social life many had but I was cool with that. I treated it like a job, was reasonably dedicated to my studies and got an honours degree out of it. I then caught a lucky break and had a great job earning more than double what I had been pre-university withing six months of graduating.

Dae it! And good luck to you.

It's THE place to be, the work/pay ratio is to my liking

Most, all probably, of my mates earn more than me. But they have stressful, dangerous jobs and will drop dead sooner rather than later. I've been blessed with a total lack of ambition which has put me in good stead. I have flexi time, a pension, good working conditions. I was born to serve Her Majesty.