Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Pete Waterman & Michaela Strachan from Flicks in Brechin:

Back when I was a toddler, this was the first nightclub in Scotland with laser lights and got coach parties from Glasgow / Aberdeen / Edinburgh coming up for the weekends. I still find this video mental.

The nail of one of of my big toes was permanently removed due to a beast of an ingrown toenail and therefore looks rather creepy for life.

It isn't until they rip the thing off that you realise how much blood your toenails keep inside your body at the base of 6ft column of blood. Thick bandage around toe saturated just overnight. Cool though.

There's something really disgusting about losing a toenail. Makes me cringe like f**k thinking about it.

There's something really disgusting about losing a toenail. Makes me cringe like f**k thinking about it.

The big toenail on my right foot goes through a constant cycle of : play football, get black toenail, falls off after a while, grows back nice and new, plays football, get black toenail....

The big toenail on my right foot goes through a constant cycle of : play football, get black toenail, falls off after a while, grows back nice and new, plays football, get black toenail....

Thought about wearing boots? :P

Stole from Facebook but I found this hilarious; http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/articles/2013/05/27/458715-ukulele-player-denies-homophobic-abuse-charge-/

"A bisexual Ukelele player" :lol:

A BISEXUAL ukulele player accused of screaming homophobic abuse at a Greenock policeman has walked free from court.

Desmond Oakes, 41, was alleged to have insulted the officer while being treated at Inverclyde Royal Hospital for a head injury.

When c
harged with a homophobic breach of the peace he exclaimed: "Are you joking? I'm bisexual."

The court heard how a bizarre series of events on the night in question saw Oakes play ukulele in an ambulance and sing to police about being attacked in Gourock, before performing 'naked yoga' on a hospital bed in A&E and allegedly 'shouting and bawling' insults at the policeman.

But Oakes denied uttering homophobic remarks and committing a breach of the peace at the accident and emergency department on 8 February.

His trial at Greenock Sheriff Court took a surreal turn as he made a series of outlandish comments which baffled court staff, including claiming to be meditating in the witness box.

Oakes had to be told by Sheriff Rajni Swanney to focus on answering questions.

He said he had been assaulted by a 'mob' after a night out in Gourock.

He said it happened shortly after he had been invited by a 'young lady' to play Scrabble at her home.

Oakes told defence solicitor Aidan Gallagher that it was 'inconceivable' he had made the remark at the hospital.

He said: "I've never said those words to anyone like that in my life.

"I'm known for championing sexuality and ethnicity."

He added: "I don't remember playing the ukulele or doing yoga but that does sound completely like me."

In his evidence, the 27-year-old police officer who Oakes allegedly insulted told depute fiscal Kevin Doherty his behaviour was 'volatile and constantly disruptive' at IRH.

The officer added: "He was shouting and bawling and I arrested him for a homophobic breach of the peace."

He then described Oakes' behaviour in the ambulance, which included playing a ukulele, saying: "Mr Oakes was quite flamboyant in how he described what happened. I had never experienced the way it was conveyed before."

His colleague, a 30-year-old female police officer, confirmed the insult had been made to her colleague several times.

She added: "He was standing on the bed in the ward doing yoga poses and shouting random things.

"It was one of the most bizarre incidents I have experienced."

Oakes was seen to laugh in the dock when the officer wrongly described his yoga position in the back of the ambulance as 'downward dogging'.

Both she and Aidan Gallagher repeated the unfortunate expression - which should be downward dog - several times in court.

Sheriff Rajni Swanney said: "His behaviour was bizarre in the extreme." She announced a not proven verdict to which Oakes, of London, responded: "Praise be to God.