Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

cleaned and prepped my first corpse for dispatch to mortuary last night...

kinda weird looking at a body and waiting on it taking a breath :(

and they are soooooo cold even after such a short time after death !

Well, did it taste like a prawn?

cleaned and prepped my first corpse for dispatch to mortuary last night...

kinda weird looking at a body and waiting on it taking a breath :(

and they are soooooo cold even after such a short time after death !

I've only done it the once. My first placement, second week, first ever nightshift. Started last offices at 11.55pm and I turned 32 at midnight so I saw my birthday in giving last offices to a poor soul. I can honestly say that I wasn't at all upset or disturbed by it at all. It was an expected death, family present and the end of a long illness. If anything, it's kind of a privilege to be in that position, where people trust you to carry out that act of care and be around them at what's one of the most private moments they'll ever have.

Today I had the misfortune of telling a guy that the new 'love of his life' which he shagged at his house party on Saturday had already been with somebody else a mere hour earlier at the very same party. I never knew that he had hooked up the girl in question when he asked "what good stories did you hear about that night?!".

To the best of my knowledge, he i) still doesn't know it was his flatmate and ii) doesn't use P&B.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've only done it the once. My first placement, second week, first ever nightshift. Started last offices at 11.55pm and I turned 32 at midnight so I saw my birthday in giving last offices to a poor soul. I can honestly say that I wasn't at all upset or disturbed by it at all. It was an expected death, family present and the end of a long illness. If anything, it's kind of a privilege to be in that position, where people trust you to carry out that act of care and be around them at what's one of the most private moments they'll ever have.

yeah I must be cursed as this weekend was my first bank shift,saturday a patient died as i walked into ward then same again yesterday:(

but yeah it is a privilege to carry out that work I love my job(s) :D

yeah I must be cursed as this weekend was my first bank shift,saturday a patient died as i walked into ward then same again yesterday:(

but yeah it is a privilege to carry out that work I love my job(s) :D

:lol: That's the one and only time for me a patient's ever died on my shift. My only curse is that no patients turn up to clinics when I'm working in them*!

*They don't know that it's me going there in advance. That's not why they don't turn up.

:lol: That's the one and only time for me a patient's ever died on my shift. My only curse is that no patients turn up to clinics when I'm working in them*!

*They don't know that it's me going there in advance. That's not why they don't turn up.

Im in renal for my day job, bank shifts for a wee bit extra dosh, the thing with renal is you see the same patients over and over again and 90% of the time you know they're not getting better so it's a regular occurrence is death :( Ive just been fortunate enough not to be working when they occur usually !!

Is it Caroline Quentin that does the voiceover for the new Dyson Hot & Cool adverts? I swear she's deliberately managed to sneak in a reference to "the new Dyson fanny eater". Like the episode of Inspector Morse where Martin Clunes calls Morse, "Cheese Inspector".

This show should be on the telly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29878050

The role of sausage entrepreneur Tom Archer in long-running BBC Radio 4 soap The Archers is to be recast.

Tom Graham, who has played the part for 17 years, revealed on Twitter: "My reign as sausage king of Ambridge has come to an end and I am being deposed."