Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I really have absolutely no idea what the letter was about. I had not made any type of purchase that would require a credit check as I know that due to previous debt problems, I would not even qualify for a loan to buy a newspaper. The cheque is in the bank but due to the holidays it will not clear until the 5th January. Just hope they don't realise that they might have made a mistake and cancel it before it clears.

Is it possible that this bank took over a company that you did have some sort of credit or loan with?

Is it possible that this bank took over a company that you did have some sort of credit or loan with?

It could be possible but all my debts were written off 4 years ago and I have never tried to get any form of credit since. The only thing I've done in that timescale was stupidly making a ppi claim which the government gleefully took off me.

Wee bit annoyed at my sister and parents, last Christmases when I have had a burd my sisters always moaned like mad at me to make sure that if I see her and she comes round here on Christmas day that I don't take her through and sit with them in the livingroom all night as there's only the 4 of us, her and my parents, she said it would make her feel awkward, so I've not. If my girlfriend came round we'd go through for maybe 10/15 minutes for a chat then go off to my room. I am burdless this year but my sister has a boyfriend, who is aryt, we ain't mates or whatever but he's ok.

They 2 are moving in with each other in January, so he comes round last night really early just as we had finished tea and were all away to sit down as a family (which we never ever do) and watch a film and the 2 of them come firing in just as the film starts, next thing you know they start talking (shouting) about cutlery and furniture and toasters and pish like that, I thought no bother it'll be over in 10 minutes but it lasted the whole night. Sat there like a spare p***k for ages and thought it's pointless me even being here so I left and went to bed.

Am I just being an absolute greeting faced Bairn here or do I have a point? :lol: Sister has got on to me so much before in previous years about not doing it yet she goes and does it to me! Plus it's our last Christmas as a 4 in the house and it just seemed like a shit way to end the day.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Just scrolling through Facebook and alarmed to see that three acquaintances have got engaged on Christmas day (to different partners obviously). Anyone else agree that popping the question on Christmas day is an unbelievably shite idea.

Just scrolling through Facebook and alarmed to see that three acquaintances have got engaged on Christmas day (to different partners obviously). Anyone else agree that popping the question on Christmas day is an unbelievably shite idea.

Better/Worse than Valentines?

Cheesy moment away on holiday would surely be the way to go IMO.

Agreed*. Nothing but "Look at me trying to steal the show everybody!".

My other half's friend was fully expecting this too as she seemed overly crushed by the news that her boyfriend wouldn't be able to get back onshore for Christmas. Serves her right for opening her mouth about it before it even happened imo, this from the girl who got upset after he took her to Paris for the weekend and didn't propose. Must have been one of those 'don't re-tie your shoelaces' situations.

*Unless she said no. A good time to be a fly on the wall for the rest of the day. "Sooooooo...."

Wee bit annoyed at my sister and parents, last Christmases when I have had a burd my sisters always moaned like mad at me to make sure that if I see her and she comes round here on Christmas day that I don't take her through and sit with them in the livingroom all night as there's only the 4 of us, her and my parents, she said it would make her feel awkward, so I've not. If my girlfriend came round we'd go through for maybe 10/15 minutes for a chat then go off to my room. I am burdless this year but my sister has a boyfriend, who is aryt, we ain't mates or whatever but he's ok.

They 2 are moving in with each other in January, so he comes round last night really early just as we had finished tea and were all away to sit down as a family (which we never ever do) and watch a film and the 2 of them come firing in just as the film starts, next thing you know they start talking (shouting) about cutlery and furniture and toasters and pish like that, I thought no bother it'll be over in 10 minutes but it lasted the whole night. Sat there like a spare p***k for ages and thought it's pointless me even being here so I left and went to bed.

Am I just being an absolute greeting faced Bairn here or do I have a point? :lol: Sister has got on to me so much before in previous years about not doing it yet she goes and does it to me! Plus it's our last Christmas as a 4 in the house and it just seemed like a shit way to end the day.

Pretty clear that your sister feels like a failure when her brother's getting his hole and she isn't, so she came up with that self-serving rule for when she isn't getting pumped. If you say anything about it, she'll come out with some guff about your relationships not being serious, while her love for her f**k-buddy is a romance for the ages and will stand the test of time.

Murder is clearly the answer, but I'll leave it up to you to decide upon the appropriate time. Good luck, bud! :thumsup2

Can't help but hope that these seething boots who're desperate for a marriage proposal end up with the old, "I think we should see other people" talk instead. But then, I'm a horrible person.

Pretty clear that your sister feels like a failure when her brother's getting his hole and she isn't, so she came up with that self-serving rule for when she isn't getting pumped. If you say anything about it, she'll come out with some guff about your relationships not being serious, while her love for her f**k-buddy is a romance for the ages and will stand the test of time.

Murder is clearly the answer, but I'll leave it up to you to decide upon the appropriate time. Good luck, bud! :thumsup2

:lol: cheers for that! Was the kind of reply I was hoping to get so I didn't end up unnecessarily huffing over it!!! Just one of those sibling things, where you do something for ages to make sure she's alright but the minute the shoes on the other boot it goes out the window!

I'll no murder her but roll on her moving out so I don't have to keep hearing about all these awful stories that last forever of them wondering about IKEA!!! :lol:

Also £70 on her for 2 Kev bridges tickets and I get a pack of women's razors!!! Wtf is that all about!!! :lol:

Edited by 1320Lichtie

:lol: cheers for that! Was the kind of reply I was hoping to get so I didn't end up unnecessarily huffing over it!!! Just one of those sibling things, where you do something for ages to make sure she's alright but the minute the shoes on the other boot it goes out the window!

I'll no murder her but roll on her moving out so I don't have to keep hearing about all these awful stories that last forever of them wondering about IKEA!!! :lol:

Also £70 on her for 2 Kev bridges tickets and I get a pack of women's razors!!! Wtf is that all about!!! :lol:

Woman in "relationship double standards" shocker.

Is that like a Turduken?

Proposing on Christmas day is the behaviour of detestable chodbins.

Proposing on Valentine's Day is even worse. Such people should be lobotomised with the dildo Throbber gave his sister (which has seen a lot of wear; she didn't take it back to the shops, she got cum on her chops).

Proposing on Christmas day is the behaviour of detestable chodbins.

Proposing on Valentine's Day is even worse. Such people should be lobotomised with the dildo Throbber gave his sister (which has seen a lot of wear; she didn't take it back to the shops, she got cum on her chops).

So is it OK on the other 363 days or is there any other days that offend you?

Bought a bottle of Lagavulin 16 y.o. for a friend's Christmas present. Was the last bottle in Cadenhead's Whisky Shop.

Walking to friend's house yesterday evening I stumbled over a kerb and fell, the bag containing presents went flying. Lagavulin bottle did not survive.

Absolutely gutted.

And I was sober as a judge.

:(