Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

:lol: I know but unless you were just going to gift me the job, there's no chance I'd have got it! I'd bloody love it as well. :(

On a serious note, I will ask the PN at my gaff to get some info for you and PM you on Monday. You wouldn't be short of work, even as a treatment room nurse.

In all honestly if Genghis Khan was alive and did Chronic Disease checks I would give him the gig.

Edited by Addie

On a serious note, I will ask the PN at my gaff to get some info for you and PM you on Monday. You wouldn't be short of work, even as a treatment room nurse.

In all honestly if Genghis Khan was alive and did Chronic Disease checks I would give him the gig.

Has anyone every told you you're a fucking top lad? They should.

Has anyone every told you you're a fucking top lad? They should.

Not at the Victorian workhouse I run with an iron fist work they dont. :(

I left school with only standard grades.

This week I've made a thought of my life and I really want to go into teaching.

Is the next 5-10 years going to be a c**t, or is my joinery apprenticeship and qualification going to help me out?

Primary or secondary?

Even If you don't have anything above Standard Grade, you should be able to get into NC Education & Childcare, followed by the HNC (a year each) which will get you into year one at uni. However, to get into uni, you may need to gain Higher English on top of that.

You could maybe look at access college courses in social sciences to get you into uni. The higher English is needed, alternatively I think you can do communication modules at college (I would check this but I'm sure I know a guy who did them). In terms of course, I did an undergrad then a postgrad a few years later. You can though (I think) do a degree at Stirling where you do the education part alongside your degree course (again, I know a guy who did this a few yrs ago, not sure if still applicable). In terms of subject, pick your degree classes carefully to see if you could get enough credits to teach 2 social subjects (consider modern studies too) as increasingly this will help your job prospects. Many schools now teach a combined social subjects course in the junior school, so you may be expected to reach elements of different social subjects. Sorry that was a mega long reply, feel free to PM if I can give any more advice.

I'm looking more towards secondary to be honest. I knew I'd need higher English at minimum.

However I want to do history or geography.

In that case, I reckon you'd need to get yourself into a social sciences/history/geography degree and then the teacher training after that. Not 100% sure on that though, I could be talking nonsense.

I'm looking more towards secondary to be honest. I knew I'd need higher English at minimum.

However I want to do history or geography.

I'd suggest wood work teacher if they still do it. If not, if you treat University like a 9-5 job you'll walk it. History is much more fun than Geography, but it will be hard to get a job with either.

I left school with only standard grades.

This week I've made a thought of my life and I really want to go into teaching.

Is the next 5-10 years going to be a c**t, or is my joinery apprenticeship and qualification going to help me out?

So, are you a chippy or a chipper?

I'd suggest wood work teacher if they still do it. If not, if you treat University like a 9-5 job you'll walk it. History is much more fun than Geography, but it will be hard to get a job with either.

I'm sure it's craft/design but I hate fiddly shit like drawings. I'll figure something out.

I'm extremely hungover today and I've even got the cold, still absolutely cannot wait to get to the pub for 11 though seeing as it's Derby Day. Best day of the year, a lot of my mates are away to Ibiza today and I genuinely hand on heart would rather be going to Montrose away... :lol:

I'll be gutted tomorrow though mind you and for the rest of the week.