Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'll happily chip in.

:lol:

It's not even something I'm intending to do, but having found out from Canadian students doing the 2 year LLB at Glasgow that they had tuition fees of about £10k a year, I thought I'd find out what it's like in reverse.

Whilst the above figure included things like boarding, medical insurance etc (which came to a subtotal of about $20k) it's still a hell of a lot of money for 1 year's study, and really makes you grateful that they've managed to keep the cost of education to students in this country so low and kept access to groups of low financial means relatively good (even if it has been at the expense of competitiveness with the elite international institutions).

Of course, it's likely to cost less to do a different kind of post-graduate, where there isn't necessarily as much competition, but what they're effectively asking is that people stump up not far off a first time buyers' mortgage for a solitary year's tuition. I guess it's worth the gamble for those who can afford to do it, as they'll rake it in at the other end defending the indefensible and suing BP...

laugh.gif

It's not even something I'm intending to do, but having found out from Canadian students doing the 2 year LLB at Glasgow that they had tuition fees of about £10k a year, I thought I'd find out what it's like in reverse.

Whilst the above figure included things like boarding, medical insurance etc (which came to a subtotal of about $20k) it's still a hell of a lot of money for 1 year's study, and really makes you grateful that they've managed to keep the cost of education to students in this country so low and kept access to groups of low financial means relatively good (even if it has been at the expense of competitiveness with the elite international institutions).

Of course, it's likely to cost less to do a different kind of post-graduate, where there isn't necessarily as much competition, but what they're effectively asking is that people stump up not far off a first time buyers' mortgage for a solitary year's tuition. I guess it's worth the gamble for those who can afford to do it, as they'll rake it in at the other end defending the indefensible and suing BP...

Edit:

Never mind, I just re-read your original post and it makes sense now.

Edited by Sweet Pete

I'm forever getting junk email from "banks" that I've never had an account with, but they always try and at least send from an email address that could pass for an official contact point for the organisation they claim to be from. I just got one from "Santander" there - somewhere else I've never had dealings with. They've obviously gotten wise to the fact that you're always told never to click on links in emails and to go to the website and log in there as they didn't include a link. They attached a form instead where I was to fill out details and email it back to them. The return address was some mixture of "v"s and "w"s at yahoo.com. Is anyone really that stupid? :blink:

Edited by Lyn-Marie

...nope

You standing?

I am 37 years old, I am sitting in Section N!!!

Seriously I actually prefer to stand in the seating section if you know what I mean, it gets right on my nerves when you see plastic glasses full of whatever getting thrown all over the place.

Was there earlier in the year and my good lady was down seeing them in Manchester last week and said it was as good as ever.biggrin.gif

I am 37 years old, I am sitting in Section N!!!

Seriously I actually prefer to stand in the seating section if you know what I mean, it gets right on my nerves when you see plastic glasses full of whatever getting thrown all over the place.

Was there earlier in the year and my good lady was down seeing them in Manchester last week and said it was as good as ever.biggrin.gif

I'm 42 and I wouldn't consider sitting :ph34r:

October was fab so I'm really looking forward to this. And I've not got my 14 year old niece with me this time :D

Just my 38 year old brother :lol:

I'm 42 and I wouldn't consider sitting ph34r.gif

October was fab so I'm really looking forward to this. And I've not got my 14 year old niece with me this time biggrin.gif

Just my 38 year old brother laugh.gif

I will just look out for a couple throwing some Same Difference moves about then.

Now that I've pretty much packed the uni in, I started a new job today. Gruelling 10 hours, 4 of which consisted of an induction course and security test to make sure I wasn't E.T. or a Cambodian terrorist. I now know my National Insurance number off by heart, due to the ridiculous amount of forms I had to fill in. Hopefully this'll see me through to at least Christmas before I start looking to progress in my desired career.

:D

What a wanky post, but just though I'd share. Sharing's caring etc etc. :)

I genuinely can't see why this Torres character can get a game in the Premiership.

His performance tonight has been absolutely hopeless. He looks as if he's completely lost and doesn't know why he's there.

The lad who came on earlier for Honduras, George Welcome, has actually been better than Torres, given that one of his passes found a team-mate.

Just read the Clyde Relegation thread for the first time.

A few people showed their true colours.

Just had a wee read of that myself. Adam Wee attempting to arrange a scrap was pretty cringe-worthy.

I assume CRM doesn't post on here anymore?

Just had a wee read of that myself. Adam Wee attempting to arrange a scrap was pretty cringe-worthy.

I assume CRM doesn't post on here anymore?

IIRC, he started posting under a new name/account, in a sort of ''Shit, I've made a tit of myself, better lie low for a while'' fashion , a bit like The Master, infact. :rolleyes:

Yeah you're right though, there were definitely a few cringey moments from Glasgow's finest on that thread.

After reading the "Great Britain" thread and some of the posts describing the history of not only our but other nations as well, I have came to the conclusion that I am thick as f**k :(.

How can one football related website have so many knowledgable people on so many subjects?

I may ponder this thought all night :unsure:;)

After reading the "Great Britain" thread and some of the posts describing the history of not only our but other nations as well, I have came to the conclusion that I am thick as f**k :(.

How can one football related website have so many knowledgable people on so many subjects?

I may ponder this thought all night :unsure:;)

Admittedly, yes, there are a few of these on here.

But, they've had about one shags between them.