Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

At the moment, I have two pairs of "casual" shoes. A pair of white and red Puma Kings I got off the internet for about £20, and a pair of knock-off New Look converse.

I'm such a scaff.

Is this the same as a "jake"?

Are they much the same as Duffs?

I bought a pair of Duffs once and stopped wearing them when I became paranoid that I looked like one of the Mr Men.

Duffs?

They must be from the same factory that sold "Pumma's". My mate bought them in Magaluf and thought he had the real deal :lol:

Mad skills, this boy is maybe worth a thread of his own...

There maybe is one in the music forum, but i don't go in there!

*I've just realised this exactly breaking news, apologies if it's been posted before!

Edited by calum_gers

Surely there can't be many more things better than having a good shite?

The euphoria and relief when its over takes some beating

You should have gave us a running commentary. Seriously, there's nothing better than posting in RTBC whilst pumping out a gargantuan oily hangover shite on a Sunday morning.

I'll happily chip in.

:lol:

It's not even something I'm intending to do, but having found out from Canadian students doing the 2 year LLB at Glasgow that they had tuition fees of about £10k a year, I thought I'd find out what it's like in reverse.

Whilst the above figure included things like boarding, medical insurance etc (which came to a subtotal of about $20k) it's still a hell of a lot of money for 1 year's study, and really makes you grateful that they've managed to keep the cost of education to students in this country so low and kept access to groups of low financial means relatively good (even if it has been at the expense of competitiveness with the elite international institutions).

Of course, it's likely to cost less to do a different kind of post-graduate, where there isn't necessarily as much competition, but what they're effectively asking is that people stump up not far off a first time buyers' mortgage for a solitary year's tuition. I guess it's worth the gamble for those who can afford to do it, as they'll rake it in at the other end defending the indefensible and suing BP...

laugh.gif

It's not even something I'm intending to do, but having found out from Canadian students doing the 2 year LLB at Glasgow that they had tuition fees of about £10k a year, I thought I'd find out what it's like in reverse.

Whilst the above figure included things like boarding, medical insurance etc (which came to a subtotal of about $20k) it's still a hell of a lot of money for 1 year's study, and really makes you grateful that they've managed to keep the cost of education to students in this country so low and kept access to groups of low financial means relatively good (even if it has been at the expense of competitiveness with the elite international institutions).

Of course, it's likely to cost less to do a different kind of post-graduate, where there isn't necessarily as much competition, but what they're effectively asking is that people stump up not far off a first time buyers' mortgage for a solitary year's tuition. I guess it's worth the gamble for those who can afford to do it, as they'll rake it in at the other end defending the indefensible and suing BP...

Edit:

Never mind, I just re-read your original post and it makes sense now.

Edited by Sweet Pete

I'm forever getting junk email from "banks" that I've never had an account with, but they always try and at least send from an email address that could pass for an official contact point for the organisation they claim to be from. I just got one from "Santander" there - somewhere else I've never had dealings with. They've obviously gotten wise to the fact that you're always told never to click on links in emails and to go to the website and log in there as they didn't include a link. They attached a form instead where I was to fill out details and email it back to them. The return address was some mixture of "v"s and "w"s at yahoo.com. Is anyone really that stupid? :blink:

Edited by Lyn-Marie