Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My dad has got such shite taste in TV programmes. He struggles like f**k to watch anything on the TV if there's no football on (like we all do) but he then plumps for the biggest heap of shite ever.

Just put on gogglebox. I can't get my head around why anybody would sit and watch this

My dad has got such shite taste in TV programmes. He struggles like f**k to watch anything on the TV if there's no football on (like we all do) but he then plumps for the biggest heap of shite ever.

Just put on gogglebox. I can't get my head around why anybody would sit and watch this

This is why getting a smart TV was one of the best things I ever did. The days of "what's on" are now and truly gone with the intention of the iPlayer / Netflix apps.

Granted that I could watch them on the laptop or tablet but it's just not the same. Got one of those iPad to TV cables which then adds 4OD, BT Sport etc.

Downside is that I formerly had a recording freeview box but it would now be a right faff given that another freeview box is now built into the tv (if that makes sense).

This is why getting a smart TV was one of the best things I ever did. The days of "what's on" are now and truly gone with the intention of the iPlayer / Netflix apps.

Granted that I could watch them on the laptop or tablet but it's just not the same. Got one of those iPad to TV cables which then adds 4OD, BT Sport etc.

Downside is that I formerly had a recording freeview box but it would now be a right faff given that another freeview box is now built into the tv (if that makes sense).

Yup brilliant!

Thing is we have a smart TV, 2 of them, in the livingroom and the 'spare' room. My dad just doesn't watch anything decent, he won't sit down and get stuck into a boxset or nothing says he doesn't have time for it.

He watches football and works, that's it, he's a workaholic, contracts manager for quite a big construction company so always always busy. He will sit with his laptop out and all his papers and just randomly start working. The only time he will sit and watch the TV is when there's a game on (watches any game) and Friday nights/Saturday nights for a few hours.

So whilst he has the freedom of the TV he just plumps for utter shite, yer Saturday night shows and wildlife programmes. Boys a liability with a doofer

On celebrity juice. His new sketch shows been binned after the first one. Tripe.

:lol:

Watching Celebrity Juice completely invalidates any opinion you have on how shite a telly programme is.

So you don't have 4od on the telly abs you have to use a cable top connect your tablet? Peasant.

The 4OD app isn't available on the Panasonic (Viera anyway) for whatever reason.

Boys a liability with a doofer

On the subject of apps, the novelty value of the app which turns your mobile into a spare doofer still hasn't worn off yet. Watching the other half think the TV was on the blink for a few nights was better entertainment than the programmes.

Today's equivalent of those watches which drove teachers up the wall in the mid 90s.

On a complete tangent; with regards to old people who walk around with NFL caps, do they genuinely support the Raiders/ Broncos etc or are they just getting down with the kids?

Edited by Hedgecutter

After having a nosey at reviews for my own tv, I'm a bit feart that there's been a solution to my problem so far:

For all MyStream’s cleverness and elegance, though, it’s likely to be edged out as the most popular content-finding destination among Panasonic 2014 TV owners by the new built-in Freetime technology.

In case you’re not familiar with Freetime, it’s a brilliant system previously only found on external receiver boxes that allows you to scroll backwards on your electronic programme guide as well as forwards, providing an inspired way of integrating on-demand catch-up TV content seamlessly into a more familiar broadcast TV experience – aside from the inevitable fact that not absolutely all the broadcast channels or shows are available on catch-up. It's very similar in concept to YouView.

Freetime feels so natural built into a TV that you can’t help but wonder why nobody built it into a TV before

The 4OD app isn't available on the Panasonic (Viera anyway) for whatever reason.

We got a Samsung because it was on special offer in Tesco and it came with 4od on there. I just assumed it would be a standard app!

We can also connect any device to it through the same WiFi connection so, for example, the kids can find YouTube videos on their tablets and watch them on the big screen and I can use my HTC to control the telly and Sky. I don't, there's no point, but I can if I want to. The first day I realised this was brilliant though.

All this talk of fancy televisions pfft. Mines can be switched on and off just by clapping your hands! The only problem is that any noise can make it do it which was funny at first but soon became a pain in the butt. The option is now firmly switched off.