Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

And you've loved every minute of it.

Im not sure how i feel about it, on one hand i made a very good kiev and the people here focused on the chips which although looked disgusting tasted fine.

Its very out of character for me to post something like this as well, i quite often send pictures to my friends individually but wouldn't put anything like that on social media but yesterday for what ever reason i thought people on here would like to see my home made kiev but the responses i got suggested otherwise. Was a strange series of events thats for sure

I should have taken the picture of the two Kiev's together in the tray after i took them out the oven. Do the recipe if you think its good, its easy to make and very nice. I just find it hard to get the right mix in the butter I added too much parsley the first couple times

I didn't realise you had made the kievs from scratch, a very decent effort.

Those chips however...

I posted the video tutorial a few posts before i posted the pic! its pretty easy to make tbh and i hope others on here do it and maybe make a better effort of the chips

I left them sitting in the oil for a few minutes and then re heated them so i think thats what went wrong but they tasted alright!

Maybe you should look up a chip tutorial video?

Leaving them in the oil was a heinous act.

You should have decanted them when ready and kept them warm in the oven, imo.

Good effort on the Kievs though.

Maybe you should look up a chip tutorial video?

Leaving them in the oil was a heinous act.

You should have decanted them when ready and kept them warm in the oven, imo.

Good effort on the Kievs though.

Im usually good at making chips but made that fundamental error which was mainly down to putting all my attention on the kievs.

I just boiled the potatoes for few minutes and then cut them into chips and stuck them in the wok with hot oil, i want to get a chip pan but don't have enough room in our wee kitchen.

Im usually good at making chips but made that fundamental error which was mainly down to putting all my attention on the kievs.

I just boiled the potatoes for few minutes and then cut them into chips and stuck them in the wok with hot oil, i want to get a chip pan but don't have enough room in our wee kitchen.

Probably safer for you and your neighbours if you are let nowhere near a chip pan.

Probably safer for you and your neighbours if you are let nowhere near a chip pan.

Thats what my Mrs says, one time i was making steak and chips at my folks house and i shut the lead to the chip pan in the george forman grill that i was cooking the steak in and it exploded.