Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Decided that we needed a new hut/mancave. Saw a nice wooden one and thought that would fit the bill. Wife decided that she knew better so she bought a shed online..... A fuckin metal one...

It arrived last week. In fuckin flatpack form like something from Ikea. A giant friggin Meccano set!!

Was a bit bored yesterday so I thought I would open the box and have a look. It had a manual that looked the size of a dictionary. I hoped that it would have been in many different languages but alas no, the whole thing was in English.

Thought I would have a quick try at it, seeing as the box was now open. Six and a half hours later I was the proud owner of a fully finished, absolutely magnificent shed that went together like a dream.

That fits nicely with my future plans....

Ideally, I want to buy a decommissioned fishing boat, do it up, and live on it in the winter.

In the Summer it would be a hut in the hills, which legislation is making more possible.

http://www.thousandhuts.org/

For the record as it is the first of May, that is me in a hoose for almost 4 months now.

I have yet to sleep in the bed, just snoozing on the couch in front of the fire with the dug is more than good enough.

Does that make me 'bad' ?

Decided that we needed a new hut/mancave. Saw a nice wooden one and thought that would fit the bill. Wife decided that she knew better so she bought a shed

online..... A fuckin metal one...

It arrived last week. In fuckin flatpack form like something from Ikea. A giant friggin Meccano set!!

Was a bit bored yesterday so I thought I would open the box and have a look. It had a manual that looked the size of a dictionary. I hoped that it would have been in many different languages but alas no, the whole thing was in English.

Thought I would have a quick try at it, seeing as the box was now open. Six and a half hours later I was the proud owner of a fully finished, absolutely magnificent shed that went together like a dream.

8' x 6'. Not bad for £250.

might give me the incentive to tidy the back yard. :lol:

We got a 6x4 metal one for nowt on gumtree, there were no instructions with it, took fucking ages to build. The roof was the worst bit!

I just assume everyone does this!

They should.

I once got trapped in my toilet as a result of locking the door whilst home alone, simply out of habit.

Turned the lock only for it to fall apart, and being in a bathroom with no windows and a solid wooden door which swung inwards, this proved to be rather problematic with the other half away for the weekend.

Longest trip to the toilet, ever. :(

Surely you could have kicked the door down, even if it opens inwards? Ok, you'd have to replace the entire door probably but it's better than spending your weekend in the toilet.

Attempted but simply bounced off. Had bruised shoulders by the end of it. This was a solid door frame which wasn't your new built type cardboard crap.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Having deja vu over this toilet prisoner story - have you told us this before, Hedgecutter, or do I need to take more pills?

Attempted but simply bounced off. Had bruised shoulders by the end of it. This was a solid door frame which wasn't your new built type cardboard crap.

Did you try making a wee boat or submarine out stuff you found in the toilet so you could flush an SOS to the outside world?

He'd have been in real trouble if the building had caught on fire.

Hopefully everyone keeps one of these in their bathroom for such lavvy-jail-combustion scenarios. Be safe, people.

300x300.jpg

I don't think I've ever posted in here before.

Anyway - I'm working today in what is a very quiet office.  Its me and 4 women.  Guys generally just keep themselves to themselves but the women have been talking non-stop. If work is quiet you should just enjoy the Internet access and keep your mouth shut and let everyone relax and enjoy their slow burning hangover. 

Another rage element for me is don't ask me for advice about work and then when I give you the advice (the correct advice) choose to question it.  If you already know what you are doing then don't ask me in the first place.

Edited by Dindeleux

I only poo with the door open when the wife is home, just to give her the boke and make her angry for my amusement and to ensure I can throw shite at her when she walks past.

Sick man.