Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

That song Foundations by Kate Nash.

"You said I must eat so many lemons 'cause I am so bitter"

Would you not just chuck someone for that absolutely fucking dreadful patter rather than hold on to the cracks in your foundations? Silly bint.

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

You okay Throbber? Disregarded QoS' video as not funny at all, hating on Lisa's Kate Nash observation. Everything okay?
FWIW, the video was pretty obviously fake (I thought) and that Kate Nash song is pish (she nights have others that are better but I've not heard them)

She doesn't. They're all equally mediocre.

2 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Bert kens! I've had a drink every night this week so far because I've been off (although I'm currently in work). Not at any point been pushed but always had a couple of beers just because.

I'm currently sitting in the pub with the rest of the tramps, betting on absolute donkeys. What a life.

Yeah i am okay - just have an exam tomorrow and doing everything I can to not revise for it! 

I love the Kate Nash song, the summer of 2007 really was a truly wonderful time for me - think she got married to one of the Cribs around about the time. Had a couple of other songs but they weren't all that good but Foundations was one of the hits of the 00's.

Don't stress about it, you've done the hard work by now. Just try to relax and it'll come together tomorrow.
Those years were poor for music though, I liked it at the time but looking back most of it was drivel which has been happily forgotten.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah i am okay - just have an exam tomorrow and doing everything I can to not revise for it! 

I love the Kate Nash song, the summer of 2007 really was a truly wonderful time for me - think she got married to one of the Cribs around about the time. Had a couple of other songs but they weren't all that good but Foundations was one of the hits of the 00's.

She was in a relationship with Ryan Jarman (I think) of The Cribs for a few years. Didn't get married though.

As for 2007 itself, Neon Bible by Arcade Fire, Chase This Light by Jimmy Eat World, In Rainbows by Radiohead, Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters by The Twilight Sad and Welcome to the Night Sky by Wintersleep came out that year, so it's quite obviously not a lost cause.

Disregard the fact that I bought 0/5 of those albums that year and in fact spent most of it getting into Pulp.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Was that 2010 Miguel? I saw her that year in the King Tut's tent but was too off my chops to remember

She did a cover of mens needs by the Cribs which i liked, think she sang it in the live lounge.

It would have been. I believe I was suffering through The Proclaimers on the Main Stage at the time. Luckily, Frightened Rabbit and We Are Scientists followed in the tent so hopefully you stayed there.

I disagree with this although it was the time when i was most into music and festivals etc so i knew all the songs and bands around that time. 06-09 were my prime for that sort of activity, don't know any new bands that are coming out now at all and usually when i listen to music its so i can cast my mind back to a time when my life was far more happy and enjoyable. 

We could well be similar ages then as that was around "my time" (if you will) as well. Definitely more clued up on 'up and coming' bands then than I am now but these things happen, and most the stuff I find now is a lot more melodic (read: depressing) than the stuff I'd listen to back then.