Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Had my blood pressure taken again today, it has dropped since i started taking Omega 3 supplements, reducing my salt intake and getting more exercise. Its still elevated but its moving in a positive direction, happy to see my efforts having a positive impact. Having my blood sugar levels checked also, im only 30 but its good to look at alot of these things before they become issues. Had a chest xray taken as ive had a cough for 6 weeks, originally believed to be a chest infection, now its being considered "Whooping Cough" which ive never heard of until today, either way i hope im rid soon cause im fed up of it :lol:

5 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Had my blood pressure taken again today, it has dropped since i started taking Omega 3 supplements, reducing my salt intake and getting more exercise. Its still elevated but its moving in a positive direction, happy to see my efforts having a positive impact. Having my blood sugar levels checked also, im only 30 but its good to look at alot of these things before they become issues. Had a chest xray taken as ive had a cough for 6 weeks, originally believed to be a chest infection, now its being considered "Whooping Cough" which ive never heard of until today, either way i hope im rid soon cause im fed up of it :lol:

How much Omega 3 are you taking?  I have 2.5g of EPA/DHA combined per day.   The quantities of both of those per softgel can vary a lot depending on what type of O3 you're using.

3 hours ago, smpar said:

bb7d392fd5b6f0e4e67cea825bedb9c0.jpg

The lassie at Costa gave me this amount of napkins, which seemed to be a very large amount indeed. Thoughts?

There's an origami competition on? She wants you to create an array of napkin animals for her napkin zoo?

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

You old b*****d! I'll be 32 next month and I've never had any of that shit tested and I've not died once.

Edited by DA Baracus

Anyway, on Sunday I badly bit my tongue when eating a sandwich (my jaw jumped out of place when chewing) and it was bleeding like f**k. Being on my tongue I couldn't stick a plaster on it and holding tissue against made me wretch a bit. I had planned on a nap but was afraid I'd choke on my blood when sleeping as it wouldn't stop bleeding. Eventually I just had the nap and woke up very much alive. Had a cracking w**k then made a pizza. Tongue still hurts a bit though as it rubs against my molars quite a bit and when eating food knocks against the wound.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's an origami competition on? She wants you to create an array of napkin animals for her napkin zoo?

You old b*****d! I'll be 32 next month and I've never had any of that shit tested and I've not died once.

Wait till your 50 and they really do test your shit.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

I have been getting heartburn for about 7 years now and in that time have drank a lot of booze which was often chased the next day with red bull, irn bru and bacon among other things which I'm sure never helped but have discovered of late it has been white bread that has been giving it to me and nothing else. I hardly drink soft drinks now and cut out the white bread about 6 weeks ago and hadn't really noticed but I hadn't been needing to take my heartburn medication in that spell and then this weekend I got some white bread in and have been having heartburn today and yesterday. Strange that.

Yep I get indigestion off white bread, love the stuff though so just always ensure I'm well stocked with rennies

2 hours ago, Kool Keith said:

How much Omega 3 are you taking?  I have 2.5g of EPA/DHA combined per day.   The quantities of both of those per softgel can vary a lot depending on what type of O3 you're using.

1000mg o3 with 150mg EPA and 100 DHA. Boots own brand supplements, 

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Better to get it checked and know than ignore it hoping it will go away and "Not died once" :lol: No respawns for you then

Just now, Günther said:

White bread is one of life's biggest injustices. Something that tastes so good yet is not exactly the most healthiest of foods being high in calories and carbs. That and Chocolate... total pish!

That's a bit niche as far as foodstuffs go.

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

1000mg o3 with 150mg EPA and 100 DHA. Boots own brand supplements, 

Better to get it checked and know than ignore it hoping it will go away and "Not died once" :lol: No respawns for you then

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/07July/Pages/fish-oil-supplements-linked-to-prostate-cancer.aspx

" Supporters of fish oil supplements have claimed that they can reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack and dementia as well as improving cognitive function and mental health. But there is little conclusive evidence to justify these claims. "