Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Hasn't it been like that for a long while?

In other news I had a wee party at mine last night, nothing too mental, about a dozen people came round and three of my flatmates joined in as well.

After everyone left I noticed someone had managed to leave a wee blob of shite in the middle of the toilet floor.

The mind boggles

Today I'm telling one of my closest mates I'm not willing to be his best man. The wedding is in 6 months. Him and his wife-to-be argue regularly. That's part and parcel. He was told it was over on Sunday and he said 'it's been coming for a while'. Now he's staying together but rather than postpone the wedding to see how things go for a while he's spunking the best part of £10k on it. 
I don't know whether I'm being an arsehole or not, but I can't stand and say I'm happy they're getting married. 

While I think you're doing the right the thing putting your mate straight, from his point of view...is he asking you to stand there and be happy they're getting married or is he just asking you to be there and be happy for him doing what he wants? It's a tough one and like I say, I think you're in the right to at least tell him your thoughts on it - just playing devils advocate.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

Must have been a big shock getting news from this century...and IN COLOUR!

I don't know what it's like these days but the news on Grampian, and the continuity in general was far more civilised and gentlemanly than the STV output. An old boy in a beige cardy and slacks in a comfy chair would tell you the news is coming up, or a minister would be coming on to tell you not to be a c**t. 

He isn't sure what he wants, I should have said this. He has calmed right down since they got together and is now making serious money. From my point of view, I think he looks upon the relationship as what stops him from fucking everything up (which tbf he did do numerous times over in years gone by). 
Is that enough to chuck your happiness away for? 

If he's not sure what he wants then he shouldn't be getting married imo, but then I don't see the point of getting married at all so I'm probably not the best person to give advice. If he's happy with the bird then fill his boots. Doesn't sound like he is and doesn't sound a good idea. Maybe it's what they need though. Basically f**k knows man.

These expensive weddings are nuts. Folk spending every waking minute planning and stressing about it instead of getting on with what young couples should be doing (e.g. Screwing, going out together etc). When the big day is over all they have is the vacuum of where all the planning had been, no money and it all turns to shite. 
You're doing the right thing to put him straight.

We went humanist. Whole thing and reception in same place. All invited were told its all day and if they want to miss ceremony then they could.
It's more a scran and a party than anything else. Food done by 6 too.. everyone was well drunk by midnight

1 minute ago, weirdcal said:

We went humanist. Whole thing and reception in same place. All invited were told its all day and if they want to miss ceremony then they could.
It's more a scran and a party than anything else. Food done by 6 too.. everyone was well drunk by midnight

Sounds good. We got married in Greece on holiday (missus still not convinced it's legit) just the two of us then had a big party back here. 

Sounds good. We got married in Greece on holiday (missus still not convinced it's legit) just the two of us then had a big party back here. 

Easiest way to do it. Only part most people want to go to its the party

Watch dont break them down too much at that desk mate...

I won't...

IMG_1485459636.526547.jpg

[emoji6]

:lol:

Definitely be keeping my eye on KDMs snaps a wee bit more after this. Shockin.

ETA: just to be clear, the looking cool comment was most definitely sarcasm, just incase there's any doubt in anyone's mind