Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

What is it with you stealing other people's already shit patter? Considering how much time I've spent defending you previously, you've become a bit of an embarrassment of late.

It's more because I've got him as a friend on FaceBook and we use that "patter" more often on there. Apologies.

Right, serious question, you're from Dundee, a city not too far away from where I grew up. Would you ever use this word in real life? Have you? How often?

Every day, without fail. Something wrong with the way we talk, like?

Every day, without fail. Something wrong with the way we talk, like?

I spent a fair amount of time in Dundee when I was younger, and used to go drinking there in my late teens (first club I ever went to was the Mardi Gras), and I never heard "teckle" used. In fact, the first time I ever heard it was DundeeBarry's blog on this site. And then it got everywhere like a rash! <_<

However, if you actually do use this word in real life, then I apologise, and I hope the Doctors find a cure one day.

I spent a fair amount of time in Dundee when I was younger, and used to go drinking there in my late teens (first club I ever went to was the Mardi Gras), and I never heard "teckle" used. In fact, the first time I ever heard it was DundeeBarry's blog on this site. And then it got everywhere like a rash! <_<

However, if you actually do use this word in real life, then I apologise, and I hope the Doctors find a cure one day.

I don't actually think anyone from Dundee actually uses it in a serious way (schemie minks not included) it's just a word everyone knows the meaning of so it's easy to use in some circumstances.

But people from Arbroath who say "kin" rather than "ken" are the worst. I had a boy from Arbroath in my football team for a couple of years and it was possibly the most irritating thing ever, like crabs that just won't ever go away, so put in a word with everyone to change the way they say it, I would promise to never say teckle again. Ever.

Cheers.

...but people from Arbroath who say "kin" rather than "ken" are the worst...

:(

But thats how you say it! Everyone says it like that. I've spent a few years down here in the central belt, and so its been bred out of me, but "kin" is entirely natural and genuine to me...you mean other people don't say it like that?

:(

But thats how you say it! Everyone says it like that. I've spent a few years down here in the central belt, and so its been bred out of me, but "kin" is entirely natural and genuine to me...you mean other people don't say it like that?

"Kin" :blink:

It's clearly ken.

Even then, I refer you to the song Thistle fans sing every time a Fife team is in town...

"Who the fucking hell is Ken?"

I have never, ever used "ken". Kin on the other hand is perfectly normal, and the highest form of praise for something is to call it doss, or even well doss in special cases. These aren't joke words though like teckle, but are part of a living, breathing everyday language!

Edited by xbl

Nope, nuh uh, no way, "kin" is a disaster.

I was on holiday once though and I met a Glaswegian who didn't know what "ken" meant (I honestly thought everyone knew what it meant), he was really confused by the ordeal and me and my cousing trying to explain it was pretty amusing, I'm sure he fucked my cousin after it though, douchebag.

Doss is the exact same as Teckle, only difference is if you were to say Doss in Dundee you'd probably get molested.