Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just saw Gordon Strachan in M&S (Murraygate branch). He had a packet of cocktail sausages and some walnut whips in his basket.

Tells you everything you need to know about the man.

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Snap. This week it has been Wayne’s World followed by Police Academy. Think Airplane will be next up.

Some of the humour though 😱; doesn’t really pass muster in these more enlightened times. 

The Wayne's Worlds films are from the 90s.

#Pedantry

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, GordonD said:
Are people really as gullible as this?
Met Police appeal over 'fake nude game show' - BBC News

You've not seen Naked Attraction or that weird Keith Chegwin show where they were all naked? Or met any of the Great British Public, many of whom will do literally anything to get on TV?

Those were filmed in a studio, not a hotel room.

Do you think the people on those shows had to audition somewhere, or did they just rock up the studio and get their kit off? When people will do anything to get on TV and someone they see as plausible tells them they can get on TV by doing an "audition", I'm sure there would have been many more victims lining up had they not been caught (in fact there may have already been a lot more that didn't report it at the time, who knows?)

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Went to the shop for some juice. Bought this :

Untitled-design-12.thumb.png.528ca7845cee8daac1989360e48a1e6a.png

Which is bloody delightful. Especially so when doubled up with a bag of mini eggs. £1.50 a can is a bit of a pisstake though - and so is the £1 for an 80g bag of mini eggs. 

Are Mini Eggs

A.) An all year round thing now 

B.) Taking the piss by bringing them out in December 

C.) Out of date

?????

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Are Mini Eggs

A.) An all year round thing now 

B.) Taking the piss by bringing them out in December 

C.) Out of date

?????

The shop beside me always has an endless supply of them, think they're all year round. 

Creme egg watch : still not out yet. Sadly. 

54 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Do you think the people on those shows had to audition somewhere, or did they just rock up the studio and get their kit off? When people will do anything to get on TV and someone they see as plausible tells them they can get on TV by doing an "audition", I'm sure there would have been many more victims lining up had they not been caught (in fact there may have already been a lot more that didn't report it at the time, who knows?)

Well, you seem to know a lot more about the procedure for getting on Naked Attraction than I do, so I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The shop beside me always has an endless supply of them, think they're all year round. 

Creme egg watch : still not out yet. Sadly. 

Seriously? We got them in mid November for van sales, check your local Premier or Londis as they should have them.