Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Unlucky, i've never really understood the whole forces thing very well apart from the fact that there were/are loads of different types of jobs available.

Are you able to apply again through another army recruitment centre? Can you even apply for the RAF/Navy now that you failed to get into the Army? Sorry about all the questions it's just something that interests me a bit.

DB go to Dundee it's class.

Yeah I can apply for anything. I'll be able to go down to my careers office and get into the infantry and a few other jobs after passing my first selection. I've always tried to

avoid that though. Now I'm just gonna go do something toally different. Something like a gunner or a tank crewman. Which compared to what they offered me before isn't so great.

I don't want to talk about it.

Nah, it was the Army and it's totally depressed me. I gave it my all and it wasn't good enough, it's made me feel a total dumpling. Ahwell, I quite fancy the tanks now. :(

Keep your chin up. You're far from a total dumpling.

You have a great deal more drive than most teenagers, and just because you didn't make it into your specific preference doesn't mean there won;t be another you'll enjoy.

Think of it like this: when a door closes a window opens. Good advice (and not just for burglars!).

You have a great deal more drive than most teenagers, and just because you didn't make it into your specific preference doesn't mean there won;t be another you'll enjoy.

Think of it like this: when a door closes a window opens. Good advice (and not just for burglars!).

Cheers big yin! :)

Or XBL.

Dundee as in the Olympia centre? That's still going?!

The one next to the train station?

Yeah I can apply for anything. I'll be able to go down to my careers office and get into the infantry and a few other jobs after passing my first selection. I've always tried to

avoid that though. Now I'm just gonna go do something toally different. Something like a gunner or a tank crewman. Which compared to what they offered me before isn't so great.

Good luck with that, seems like you will do well regardless. I think if you got into the forces and proved to them you are capable there shouldn't be a problem in you getting into the career you desire?

Dundee as in the Olympia centre? That's still going?!

As far as I know yeah.

Is the yellow flume the one that launches you out into the diving pool? If so it's fucking epic.

Aye! :D

The one next to the train station?

Yes.

Yep, I think it was next to the Discovery centre too? I could be wrong.

Correct. :)

Good luck with that, seems like you will do well regardless. I think if you got into the forces and proved to them you are capable there shouldn't be a problem in you getting into the career you desire?

Thanks. Do you mean like a transfer? I can do that yeah but apparently it's quite difficult because the unit you're in don't want to lose a fully trained soldier so they do what they can to keep you- that's the impression my careers sergeant gave me anyway.

Without wanting to cause any offence to the boy who didn’t get into the job he wanted, I’m probably going to have to choose between 2 projects for my next contract, as my current one is up on 12th March-

One of them the job won’t be great and the money will be slightly less than what I’m on now to start with but will go up by a fair chunk once I’m signed off as competent (which won’t be a problem), 6 month contract with possibility of extension- it’s in Glasgow city centre which is good.

Other job is longer term, probably a year’s contract, money’s the same as what I’m on now but the location is gerbidge and would mean either buying a car, which I don’t want to do as I’m saving up to go travelling again and cars eat money like nothing else on earth, plus I hate driving. If I don’t drive it’s about an hour each way commute from Glasgow, which would get on my tits in no time at all.

I want to stay in Edinburgh as I like my flat’s location and can’t be arsed with the hassle of moving again but there doesn’t seem to be much around that wouldn’t involve taking a large pay cut. I could stay here and work in Glasgow but as I’m only renting what’s the point in throwing away money on rent + a railcard when I can move to Glasgow and just rent.

I guess I want to have my cake and eat it (never understood that expression) but doesn’t everybody?

For what job? Coral?

Good old TSC. I made a muck up of it at my actual interview because I made stupid mistakes like putting a . after Mr, and not leaving spaces between area code and telephone number, but I did very well at everything else. I've passed the same thing tiwce before so it shouldn't be too much of a problem now I know exactly what and what not to do.

Aye. It's quality, although I couldn't see the opening because of all the water in my face (fnarr), so I just about shat myself flying out into mid air. It's great.:D

Its like that everytime!

I remember some lassy went so slow that she stopped and never wanted to drop off. They had to turn off the water and she had to walk back up it. :lol: