Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Ordered a whisky and half a Guinness. 

Young lassie behind the bar. 

"Any ice?" 

"Just a wee drop water"

expecting her to pass me the jug or pour me a wee glass on the side. She proceeds to drown the whisky. 

I said that I was expecting the water on the side. She pours me another one with a wee glass of water. 

I said "charge me for a double and I'll top up the drowned whisky with the second whisky, save you wasting it". 

The manager comes across and just charges me for a single measure. 

Hmmmm. Sometimes it pays to be nice. 

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Ordered a whisky and half a Guinness. 

Young lassie behind the bar. 

"Any ice?" 

"Just a wee drop water"

expecting her to pass me the jug or pour me a wee glass on the side. She proceeds to drown the whisky. 

I said that I was expecting the water on the side. She pours me another one with a wee glass of water. 

I said "charge me for a double and I'll top up the drowned whisky with the second whisky, save you wasting it". 

The manager comes across and just charges me for a single measure. 

Hmmmm. Sometimes it pays to be nice. 

The old boy just orders everything neat and carries a wee 250ml bottle of Highland Spring with him because similar happened to him a few years ago. 

31 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Mild heart attack at 10am, blue lighted from FVRH to ERI, stent fitted in under 19 minutes by 1pm.

Eventful Saturday.

I say this regularly; at the beginning or (potentially) end of life care stage the NHS is utterly outstanding. 

But the bit in the middle, where whatever it is you are suffering from is not life threatening, you are self evidently just a nuisance and will be attended to as such. 

Edited by alta-pete