Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Probably no such thing as loyal customers, most folk would shop at the cheapest store so that's why the need the smoke and mirrors of a loyalty card.  

My point exactly, multi billion company should, IMO, speculate to accumulate. Dropping prices to a reasonable level would mean they are going to be cheaper than most, thus increasing their customer base. 
Or am I missing something obvious here? (Other than brain cells) 

8 minutes ago, Wacky said:

My point exactly, multi billion company should, IMO, speculate to accumulate. Dropping prices to a reasonable level would mean they are going to be cheaper than most, thus increasing their customer base. 
Or am I missing something obvious here? (Other than brain cells) 

Yes.

40 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Tesco at it again. It feels like every week they are putting prices up. Don’t get me wrong here, I understand that things are getting more expensive, but this lot have to be extracting urine. They hike up prices by about 20-25% at a time. But what really rips ma knitting is this Clubcard thing. I’m not believing for one minute that they are taking a loss on the Clubcard prices, then they give you points which is paramount to free cash to use in their shops. 
Why not just lower the prices for everything and everyone can save a few quid, instead of this nonsense? 
If they lowered their prices, they’d surely get more customers which = more £’s for them? 

Not just Tesco, it's all of the big supermarkets. Yes there is cost of living / inflation issue, but it's a very competitive battle for market share and profits, essentially prices rising to ensure profits continue.

39 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Not just Tesco, it's all of the big supermarkets. Yes there is cost of living / inflation issue, but it's a very competitive battle for market share and profits, essentially prices rising to ensure profits continue.

It's greed.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Thought that this was pretty easy and was wondering why folk were saying otherwise. It is actually pretty straightforward when you realise the solution but it's designed to throw you off.

Screenshot_20231106_232604_Reddit.thumb.jpg.01a7093eb996f869745cff6c0a29a6b7.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

The answer is not 15

Wish I hadn’t opened the thread, this is driving me mental :lol:

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was at Tesco (Kingsway) last night.

There's a fucking Greggs inside it now! Dear me.

I went to Greggs last week, and Scott had asked for a sausage roll. They didn't have any fresh in the display so I bought one of their 4-packs. 

Came home, opened the pack and said to Scott that he could take one from here. he took the 4-pack and scoffed them all in less than 10 minutes. 

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I went to Greggs last week, and Scott had asked for a sausage roll. They didn't have any fresh in the display so I bought one of their 4-packs. 

Came home, opened the pack and said to Scott that he could take one from here. he took the 4-pack and scoffed them all in less than 10 minutes. 

Heartburn just thinking about that.