Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

tipsy.thumb.jpg.a88d3ff7e6d77f80deb9f1e9c217382b.jpg

I had a tipsy cake in the cafe at Vogrie Country Park the other day. I haven't had one since Crawford's stopped trading. 

Quite nice it was too. 

You'd think it would be a bit stale by now.

Just found out my auld man is one of those people that get dressed up in full camouflage to go play airsoft, guy is in his 50s, currently deciding whether to ever talk to him again.

31 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Just found out my auld man is one of those people that get dressed up in full camouflage to go play airsoft, guy is in his 50s, currently deciding whether to ever talk to him again.

Has he been hiding this particular kink from your family for a long time ?

Had to get a new phone yesterday. The old one had been giving me trouble for a couple of days - the wakeup button wasn't lined up with the slot in the case so I was struggling to get it out of sleep mode. So I took it out of the case and found that the battery was blown out like a balloon, bending the back casing like a banana, which was in turn moving the wakeup button away from the slot.

I went into the ee shop and the assistant confirmed that the battery was fucked (though he used a more technical term) and happily sold me a new one. Fortunately because the old phone was still working he was able to connect it to the new one and transfer all the data across so I didn't have to start from scratch. Still trying to get my head round how to do certain things - for instance it's taken me until now to work out how to tell it to transfer this photo over to my laptop so I could post it here. But otherwise quite happy with it (it's a Pixel 7, BTW.)

Any tips on how to dispose of the old one? Because of the battery I can't just put it in the bin with the rest of the rubbish.

Old phone battery.jpg

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Had to get a new phone yesterday. The old one had been giving me trouble for a couple of days - the wakeup button wasn't lined up with the slot in the case so I was struggling to get it out of sleep mode. So I took it out of the case and found that the battery was blown out like a balloon, bending the back casing like a banana, which was in turn moving the wakeup button away from the slot.

I went into the ee shop and the assistant confirmed that the battery was fucked (though he used a more technical term) and happily sold me a new one. Fortunately because the old phone was still working he was able to connect it to the new one and transfer all the data across so I didn't have to start from scratch. Still trying to get my head round how to do certain things - for instance it's taken me until now to work out how to tell it to transfer this photo over to my laptop so I could post it here. But otherwise quite happy with it (it's a Pixel 7, BTW.)

Any tips on how to dispose of the old one? Because of the battery I can't just put it in the bin with the rest of the rubbish.

Old phone battery.jpg

Throw it at a bus.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The old stick on the back of the head routine has stood me in good stead.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Ah man, it's absolutely made my weekend. Saw him on Friday at the HAC in Irvine, interviewed by David F Ross. Thought I'd take a copy along to give him as a sort of thanks for all the snorty laughs he's given me over the years. 

During his talk he actually twice said things that filled me with self-doubt - one about taking some convincing to write a memoir, as no one cares unless you're super famous or super interesting- and one about trying to avoid just writing a "Spangles and white jobbies" book. 

I thought, f**k, he's got me bang to rights on both 🤣

Hoped he'd read at least a bit of it, realistically thought he'd chuck it in a corner and never look the road it's on. Didn't dream for a minute he'd like it enough to tweet about it and follow me. 

Might not mean much to everyone - one of my mates asked me, "Who's John Niven?" - but big moment for me!

Thanks for flagging it up BTW.

My mate was signed off work with depression/stress due to ongoing issues in his life - one of which his father in law is at deaths door the other being hes never grieved the loss of his mother. He went home at the weekend and saw his own dad and sisters and was on the phone last night full of beans. He's just off the phone to me in tears, his own old man passed away last night.

Fucking heartbreaking.

Edited by Derry Alli