Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

56 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Currently on my way to Edinburgh (via Motherwell then Bellshill - thanks, ScotRail) then away to Amsterdam for a few days.

If I don’t freeze to death between now and Sunday I’ll take that as a win.

I saw a fairly amusing video of the Scotrail announcer going through the list of stations on that line that went along the lines of "calling at Motherwell, Newcastle, Mordor, Tokyo.........etc etc etc, Edinburgh Haymarket, Edinburgh Waverly".  I can't be fucked looking for it, but you get the jist.

19 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I saw a fairly amusing video of the Scotrail announcer going through the list of stations on that line that went along the lines of "calling at Motherwell, Newcastle, Mordor, Tokyo.........etc etc etc, Edinburgh Haymarket, Edinburgh Waverly".  I can't be fucked looking for it, but you get the jist.

Aye, sounds about right.

To be fair, it was a sincere thanks to ScotRail as it cost about half the price compared to travelling via Glasgow.

Just arrived at Breich which I’m fairly certain doesn’t exist.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Mental that the US have Columbus Day. It's like having a Hitler Day.

image.png.72d9e38b3654773d38c637354008620d.png

He discovered American is what he did.  He was a brave Italian explorer and in this house Christopher Columbus is a hero!  End of story!

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Mental that the US have Columbus Day. It's like having a Hitler Day.

I thought it had been replaced by Indigenous Peoples' Day, but it seems only in a few states.  - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Peoples'_Day_(United_States)

Illinois isn't one of them, but Chicago Public Schools have declared it their holiday and give the weans the day off for it; most employers don't, which isn't useful. 

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

While not what you’re referencing, this is a mildly amusing link, with some fun things like a random apology generator:

https://simonwillison.net/2022/Aug/21/scotrail/

And for those missing Scotrail announcements, here’s a little music and announcement project:

https://www.matteason.co.uk/scotbeats/