Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

but having to now pay tax on it was a gutter

Its funny, as I said to the boy earlier - people think that "trades" love being paid in cash but the nature of mine is mostly B2B, so everything is kosher - I genuinely cant remember the last time anyone offered, never mind paid me in the folding stuff !

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

IDK, take an established device (hopefully) in a useful location, with power and available space, and add an additional function. It’s actually a pretty decent option, if they choose locations with space to park the vehicle safely.

Totally agree with most of that, it's the bit in bold that I think could cause problems plus the amount of work / disruption involved to carry out the conversion.

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Totally agree with most of that, it's the bit in bold that I think could cause problems plus the amount of work / disruption involved to carry out the conversion.

Well, the conversion should be a doddle. It’s installing a bit of equipment, and you know BT would have done its nut of there was any chance it would interfere with their current service, because an internet outage these days is a cue for every lunatic to be screaming at customer service. It doesn’t require a new supply to the cabinet, or it wouldn’t be classified as a retrofit with existing power supply, so it should be transparent.

Your bit in bold will be worrying anyone with a cabinet outside, near where they normally park.

33 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Its funny, as I said to the boy earlier - people think that "trades" love being paid in cash but the nature of mine is mostly B2B, so everything is kosher - I genuinely cant remember the last time anyone offered, never mind paid me in the folding stuff !

Me either, but one of my other clients 'kens the score' - gave me an Xmas card with notes in it 👍

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

It's pish. Even the scrappies pay in fucking bank transfers now.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

IDK, take an established device (hopefully) in a useful location, with power and available space, and add an additional function. It’s actually a pretty decent option, if they choose locations with space to park the vehicle safely.

Aren't these boxes usually situated away from the kerbs? Cue the entries on the Compo faces thread when folk start tripping over or being obstructed by the charging cables stretched across the pavements.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Aren't these boxes usually situated away from the kerbs? Cue the entries on the Compo faces thread when folk start tripping over or being obstructed by the charging cables stretched across the pavements.

Hopefully that’s dealt with like they do the fittings for food trucks around here. In some places they have small posts roadside with power connections for food trucks…most often in the municipal plaza, parks, stuff like that. As long as the infrastructure is there for use, adding a conduit under the pavement to a PowerPoint post by the kerb should be an easy solution…but they probably haven’t even twigged to that problem yet.

On 06/01/2024 at 22:17, johnnydun said:

Post Number 15,000 for me, in my 10th year being part of the site.

I'm only 42 ffs

Anyway, here's to the next 15,000 posts filled with absolute shite.

I nearly spat my coffee out at that. 😂

Strange how in our heads we think we “know” how old complete strangers are on this platform. 
For some reason I had you down as an older guy. 
I don’t view any other social media - I get all the relevant news and updates about the world from this site. 

Fcuk the MSM - all you need is Pie and Bovril. 

So many good threads on here like you said. Despite the interclub rivalry (and the idea that all St Mirren fans are mentalists) we can seek help and understanding from some good people on the forum when required. 

You hit the nail on the head with the Depression thread. 

I still miss some of the responses to the binned posters especially Dickson and Oaksoft as they really were Champions League nutters (disguised as St Mirren fans obviously). 

I’ve been introduced to new music, books and movies as a direct result of recommendations on here. 

Long may this forum continue. 

On 06/01/2024 at 22:17, johnnydun said:

Post Number 15,000 for me, in my 10th year being part of the site.

rookie-numbers.gif