Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I saw that a while ago. I'm pretty sure I read that they got fined for it. Hilarious, though.

AHHHH YEAH, THAT WAS BRILLIANT! AWESOME!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220013/Driver-faces-prosecution-deliberately-soaking-children-puddles--posting-video-online.html

Was pretty funny! laugh.gif

Half an hour to go in my last ever shift in Dunfermline. Soon I'll be joining the unwashed minks in Kirkcaldy.

As an addition to this I went back this morning to clear my locker and my boss called me into an office for a wee chat. Apparently I have to cut out the shenanigans and act a bit more mature when I start in Kirkcaldy as the seniors across there a lot less tolerant. f**k that.

As an addition to this I went back this morning to clear my locker and my boss called me into an office for a wee chat. Apparently I have to cut out the shenanigans and act a bit more mature when I start in Kirkcaldy as the seniors across there a lot less tolerant. f**k that.

Just be a good boy and do what the lovely Kirkcaldy folk tell you to do.

If we say "Jump" you ask "How high?"

Capiche?!

I suppose it depends on his tone, but at least he was trying to give you a heads up.

Just be a good boy and do what the lovely Kirkcaldy folk tell you to do.

If we say "Jump" you ask "How high?"

Capiche?!

That's not gonna happen, Andrew. They'll be getting telt that their considerably better dressed and better looking colleague is now running the show.

I suppose it depends on his tone, but at least he was trying to give you a heads up.

I don't think she was being entirely serious. I think what she meant was I'll not get away with taking a scalpel to the communal chocolates and replacing the caramel inside with hand cream. That doesn't sound like the sort on environment I want to work in. Miserable sods.

Edited by Jimmy85

Anyone toying with the idea of laser surgery on their eyes to correct their vision should try orthokeratology. If it's possible to have it then its fucking excellent.

I'm struggling to wear lenses during the day, as the combination of working in front of a computer half the time and relentless air conditioning has left my eyes rather dry to the point that I can barely wear them any more.

I've had this offered to me on many an occasion by my own optician, but I've never heard anyone who has worn them. I'm a little cynical about the wearing them while asleep thing, and more so the £150 it apparently costs to have them shaped to fit my cornea when I sleep :huh:

I'm struggling to wear lenses during the day, as the combination of working in front of a computer half the time and relentless air conditioning has left my eyes rather dry to the point that I can barely wear them any more.

I've had this offered to me on many an occasion by my own optician, but I've never heard anyone who has worn them. I'm a little cynical about the wearing them while asleep thing, and more so the £150 it apparently costs to have them shaped to fit my cornea when I sleep :huh:

I was pretty easy to fit as I had gone back to hard lenses after a few years trying with soft ones which I eventually had to give up because I work in a lot of dust and it becomes embedded in the lens and becomes irritating so there was none of the bedding in process you go through with hard lenses. (some folk just cant stand the irritation at first and give upwith hard lenses)

I wear them when I sleep (six hours is recommended) and take them out in the morning and I can see perfectly. absolute 20/20 vision at first and apparently after a day and a half its beginning to wear off and you repeat the process. It would take about three days or so for your eyes to go back to being as bad as they were. I like them because like you, if there is any air con around my eyes get dry and its a pain in the neck, its also fantastic for sport as I make sure I wear them for a few hours before I play and then take them out and my vision is superb. You can see perfectly well with the lenses in BTW so if you have to get up in the middle of the night you dont need to find your specs :lol: and stuff like that. Its still a bit of faffing around with the lenses which you wont have with laser surgery, but its risk free unlike laser surgery. You choose. I think its great though. Yiou also dont have the problem of flicking a lens out if you play football or the like and doing the crawling about the floor looking for the fucker routine.

You feel absolutely nothing while asleep, hard lenses irritate some folk because the eyelid catches on the edge of the lens as its a lot smaller than a soft lens but youre not blinking when youre sleeping hopefully :P