Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

See if Kenny Miller scores tonight I win £50 but he just missed a sitter so I ain't betting on it anytime soon. :(

EDIT - Just hit the post, what a c**t!

Edited by uni

It is very dependent on the bread being of good quality. That sounds obvious as f**k, but it's the freshness of the bread that makes or breaks a slice of toast.

Edited by McKee

It is very dependent on the bread being of good quality. That sounds obvious as f**k, but it's the freshness of the bread that makes or breaks a slice of toast.

This is of course correct. A freshly baked loaf is essential for perfect toast.

Toast is great.

Thought I'd share this record from a 'Top Gear Race' which my brother and I did last year. More suspense than you can shake a stick at:

Although not as dramatic as crossing Bolivia from the Amazon to the Pacific or racing a Mercedes-Benz 600 against a Rolls-Royce Corniche Coupé, Hedgecutter decided to test his faith in the Scottish public transport system by racing his brother, Hedge Jnr, in a fierce 'Top Gear' style challenge from Aberdeen to the Caird Hall in Dundee, each using a different form of public transport. With the loser buying the drinks match that afternoon, much was at stake.

Hedgecutter's vessel of choice was the 10:40 Scottish Citylink coach from Aberdeen Bus Station, next door to Aberdeen Railway Station where Hedge Jnr was to board the 10:38 First Scotrail service just two minutes before Hedgecutter. Not only was brotherly pride at stake, but this was also a battle between Scotland's two main transport giants; Stagecoach v First. Despite the train being scheduled to arrive into Dundee station at 11:49, eleven minutes before the Citylink Express' eta of 12:00, Hedgecutter fancied his chances and got off to an unexpected early lead when the coach departed four minutes ahead of schedule because everyone that had booked onto the bus was onboard.

10 miles south of Aberdeen at the Bridge of Muchalls, the bus hurtling along the A90 southbound was visibly side by side with the train although Hedgecutter shortly took the lead as the train stopped at Stonehaven, losing valuable minutes. As the bus slowed down to 50mph despite being legally allowed to drive at 60, Hedge Jnr announced that the train had reached Montrose while Hedgecutter was trailing behind at Stracathro Services, seven miles to the north-west. Hedgecutter felt much more confident when Hedge Jnr had announced that the train had waited at Montrose for an extra few minutes and that they had only reached Arbroath while Hedgecutter's bus was at Forfar, albeit wasting time by giving passengers a roundabout tour of Forfar's outskirts. Running slightly ahead of schedule, Hedgecutter was the first to reach the outskirts of Dundee while Hedge Jnr was taking in the wonders of Monifieth, only six miles west of Dundee. At first, Hedgecutter's more direct route down the A90 compared to that of train which had to follow the coastline looked to be in lead, until a certain Peugeot 206 pulled onto Dundee's Albert Street in front of the bus and proceeded to slow everyone down.

Hedgecutter eventually pulled into Dundee's Seagate Bus Station with 11:52 on the coach clock while Hedge Jnr had noted his time of arrival as 11:51. With both stations being equidistant (400m) from the Caird Hall, Hedgecutter arrived at the city square to see his brother wandering into the opposite end of the square at the same time. Remaining unspotted, Hedgecutter ran through the square and pipped his brother to the top of the Caird hall steps as Hedge Jnr realised he had been defeated by the narrowest of margins – ten seconds!

Despite the train arriving at its destination 60 seconds ahead of the coach, Hedgecutter's £12 single bus fare, almost half the price of the £23.90 that Hedge Jnr had bought, had paid off. Get it roond ye Scotrail.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Dunno why you're surprised. I used to quite like The Mighty Boosh and then watched a couple of episodes recently. It's fucking drivel and Noel Fielding is a humourless p***k of a man.

Watched about one minute of the new Noel Fielding show on E4. Fucking diabolical.

I wouldn't say it's that good.

I saw the adverts for it and it looked absolutely awful.

Dunno why you're surprised. I used to quite like The Mighty Boosh and then watched a couple of episodes recently. It's fucking drivel and Noel Fielding is a humourless p***k of a man.

Aye, I watched some of it too, it was dire. I fell asleep during it.

They just don't make surreal comedy like they used to...