Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

After playing football for aslong as I can remember I have tonight decided to call it a day. Played for a fairly decent boys club the last few years but this year joined a saturday amateur team and just got sick of it and how awful the standard is. Its mostly just a kicking match. Good thing about quitting though is that I can now attend every alloa game from now till the end of the season, rather than 1 in every 3 or so it has been this season!

After playing football for aslong as I can remember I have tonight decided to call it a day. Played for a fairly decent boys club the last few years but this year joined a saturday amateur team and just got sick of it and how awful the standard is. Its mostly just a kicking match. Good thing about quitting though is that I can now attend every alloa game from now till the end of the season, rather than 1 in every 3 or so it has been this season!

Happy retirement

A friend of mine died at the weekend after having a (suspected) heart attack whilst playing fives. He was 21. I can't really believe or understand it TBH. I forget about it for a bit and then remember again and I think of something different, like how he was young, or one of the most fit people I knew, or one of the nicest guys. I can't seem to make sense of it all.

Really sorry to hear about this. He was obviously a very special guy.

Tributes

Cheers guys, Michael that's exactly my thinking, I just can't comprehend it, I saw him last week, makes me think about what can happen (I suppose all deaths do) but I guess it's all luck, he was heavily involved in sports and was really quite healthy. At first it made me think what's the point of exercise, but then I wondered if perhaps he would have passed away sooner than he did if he wasn't as fit.

Their was a piece on the radio Clyde news about him there. Very sad.

Guest The Phoenix

I'm starting to think I might have borderline insomia. Even after struggling to sleep on two nights previous, tonight gave me even less to the point that I don't I properly nodded off once.

Relax, things always seem better after a good night's sleep.

For my new job I get the bus in and have been buying a ticket which allows you 10 journeys within a month. I had to buy a new one today and had forgotten the name so asked for "a ticket for 10 rides". The bus driver laughed and said, "if only you could get 10 rides for £30!". Brightened up my morning.

Edited by lanky_ffc