Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1358934204[/url]' post='7008889']

It's the kind of sport that seems to be loved by tedious life failures with bad hygeine and monobrows. It's a truly boring sport, and if you listen to a fan of it they always point out how exciting the fights are, as if that makes it okay. They're not really though, and you're lucky to get one a match anyway.

Many years ago I went to see the L.A. Spandex or whatever they were called. This made almost every American I told incredibly excited because apparently some guy called Wayne Gretzky was playing. I remember virtually nothing about the game except the rather annoying habit American sport has of introducing music and various types of honking, beeping and booming noises at inopportune moments.

I reckon it'd be a great sport to play but I can't be fucked watching it.

It's a bit like F1 in the respect that the only entertaining part is when the participants clash and smash each other to bits.

One of my mates loves Ice Hockey, going all over the UK following Braehead. He says it's decent because you can get a beer during it, but swearing is out of the question.

What a joke!

1358934895[/url]' post='7008913']

One of my mates loves Ice Hockey, going all over the UK following Braehead. He says it's decent because you can get a beer during it, but swearing is out of the question.

What a joke!

Vicious assault is fine though as long as both players are still able to stand up. blink.gif

Imagine if footballers were able to fight until one of them fell down?

That'd be great!

It's the kind of sport that seems to be loved by tedious life failures with bad hygeine and monobrows. It's a truly boring sport, and if you listen to a fan of it they always point out how exciting the fights are, as if that makes it okay. They're not really though, and you're lucky to get one a match anyway.

Vicious assault is fine though as long as both players are still able to stand up. blink.gif

Imagine if footballers were able to fight until one of them fell down?

Fighting in hockey is quite an interesting debate. I don't like it personally and I think the sport would benefit from banning it, I believe the UK is the only country in Europe where it doesn't result in being sent off for the whole match and getting a suspension. A lot of those who are pro-fighting suggest that the rest of the game would become a lot dirtier without it; the fact fighting is tolerated means that there are repercussions for players diving, hitting people with their sticks and all round dirty play because they're likely to get lamped for it. There are of course those who are simply morons and just enjoy the fighting as much as the actual sport, my least favourite kind of hockey supporter.

What a joke!

Is he a Clyde supporter by any chance? The part about swearing is true because there tends to be a lot more families with children at hockey matches than football, but I can't help but feel there are also a lot of folk who just get off on thinking they're better than football supporters.

Is he a Clyde supporter by any chance? The part about swearing is true because there tends to be a lot more families with children at hockey matches than football, but I can't help but feel there are also a lot of folk who just get off on thinking they're better than football supporters.

He is indeed, I take it you know him?

What a joke!

Its quite hilarious going along and watching someone get telt for swearing and then trying to use a different word to get their point across.

'you useless fat b*****d' to 'you're not a very good team player and quite frankly cant skate that well due to your inability to lead a healthy lifestyle'

personally i wouldnt miss the football for anything but i still enjoy going to the hockey.

It's the kind of sport that seems to be loved by tedious life failures with bad hygeine and monobrows.

Top Scottish teams: Braehead, Dundee and Fife Flyers.

Top Scottish teams in the wee National League: Paisley Pirates, North Ayrshire Wild, Dundee Comets, Dundee Tigers, Kirkcaldy Kestrels.

rolleyes.gif

Top Scottish teams: Braehead, Dundee and Fife Flyers.

Top Scottish teams in the wee National League: Paisley Pirates, North Ayrshire Wild, Dundee Comets, Dundee Tigers, Kirkcaldy Kestrels.

rolleyes.gif

Aye, exactly. It isn't just trying to copy America with the stupid names, it's the whole forced excitement of it I can't stand. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing they all skate out onto the ice to a tannoy introduction all waving, grinning and swooshing their bits of wood around. Now that's fine if it's the Calgary Maple Leafs or other big transatlantic team with thousands upon thousands cheering and smiling big hearty North American gleaming smiles of positivity with massive teeth, dressed to the nines in promotional gear. But you just know that in Paisley or Fife it would be the most cringeworthy event ever, with about four grannies at one end holding bits of cardboard with "Gies a kiss Hank!" scrawled on biro and the rest of the three hundred folk sitting on their hands looking embarrassed and hoping nobody's looking at them. We just don't do audience participation in sports really.

I have not done a stroke of useful work today because I simply couldnt be bothered. I played with the feral cat that lives in my greenhouse. I tried to bend the handle on a lawn roller back into shape, and I have generally had a nice day fannying around. Tomorrow and Friday will be a fucking nightmare as a result of this but f**k it, I didnt feel like working.:)