Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Going down to London in October and have two options on how to travel down -

Train, £126, takes 4 and a half hours

Bus, £36, takes 10 and a half hours.

What to do, what to do?!

I did that before but left from stirling and it was 7.5 hours. I remember sitting on the bus saying to myself this is comfy as. 2 hours later i was squirming like a cut in half worm begging for the driver to stop.

Train, every time. In fact if you can get a good price for first class go for that. Advance bookings can be competitive price wise.

Superbreaks do excellent hotel and train deals if you are needing accommodation too. Might be limited to stations on the east coast mainline though?

It's the 10 and half hours going back that's the killer.

I stupidly went down to london for the day trip and got the bus back that night. It was horrible.

was in london for less than 3 hours.We walked a past a drug addled Jason Donovan in Bayswater though, which for a boy who's only previous brush with fame had been seeing Tom Conti filling up his Jaguar at Chartershall services was mind-blowing.

Weekdays from Glasgow, use the Megabus rail tickets from Glasgow to Birmingham New Street (as low as £3), then get an advance from New Street to London.

Edited by vikingTON

Tomorrow im going to take a ring i found nearly thirty years ago to a jewellers and see what its worth.

Its gold but its very thin. It had three red stones but only two remain, the large one in the middle and one of the smaller side ones.

They might be rubys.

Whats the maximum i can hope to get for these third most precious of stones

Tomorrow im going to take a ring i found nearly thirty years ago to a jewellers and see what its worth.

Its gold but its very thin. It had three red stones but only two remain, the large one in the middle and one of the smaller side ones.

They might be rubys.

Whats the maximum i can hope to get for these third most precious of stones

Were you in Cannes recently?

Lovely story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2377555/Feyenoord-fans-banner-tribute-terminally-ill-fan.html

A terminally ill Feyenoord fan was given the greatest surprise of his life when he turned up to watch his side being put through their paces ahead of the new season.

Fans of the Dutch side traditionally turn up in numbers to watch the club's first pre-season training session, but this time there was a difference.

Lifelong fan Rooie Marck was told he had terminal cancer and had days to live, and his dying wish was to see Feyenoord again.

His friends brought him to the training session in his bed, but little did he know that the huge crowd would be chanting his name, lighting flares and unleashing a huge banner of him.

In floods of tears, Rooie met his heroes before being helped to meet the crowd, who were singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'

Tragically, Rooie died just three days after this footage was taken at Feyenoord's first pre-season training session a couple of weeks ago.

But the club and its fans certainly left him with a special memory.