Procycling thread

myshkin

Froome calls for the service car and Aru attacks. Hopefully there will be a wee punch up at the end.
ETA: Looks like Porte caught him and told him to sit up.

Yeah, I think the rest of the leaders refused to attack. Froome gave Aru a wee shoulder barge for his troubles. [emoji1]

Brilliant stage. Photo finish after everything else.

That was an awesome stage, thomas gone, porte in a horror crash, Did majka finish ? Quintana lost another man, he looks cooked.

What a day for barguil, just pipped on the line but massive mountain points gained.

Froome will be in yellow until Paris if he stays on his bike.

It seems Porte was conscious the whole time, so hopefully nothing too bad. I can't help but think smashing into Martin saved him. That must have taken some amount of energy out of the collision (with the wall). It was the difference between going full tilt face first into the stone and what actually happened (which wasn't far off full tilt face first into the stone).

Looked like the attack came after the call. But race etiquette being called into question again. Wasn't respected at the Giro, for Dumoulin, but adhered to this time.

Looked like Porte & Quintana shut the attack down & killed the pace until Sky returned their man to the race.

Back to the stage, haven't seen Thomas' crash, but Porte's was horrific. Took the completely wrong line through the chicane & was lucky it wasn't worse having hit the rock face.

Chapeau to Dan Martin, who had nowhere to go, in finishing 1.30 down.

Great tactics from AG2R, didn't quite work out, but some top descending by Bardet. Then in the end Froome picks up 4 secs!

Could have been worse if he had went off the verge and back down the mountain.
I think Aru tried a sneaky one, he shot off as soon as froome was looking for assistance.

Pesky Italian's, Nibali was the driving force behind #toiletgate at the Giro.

Given that he appeared to hit the wall headfirst he seems to have got off nowhere near as badly hurt as he might have been.

Geraint Thomas has a broken collarbone, tweeted the picture of his x-ray. Cheers for that.

Given that he appeared to hit the wall headfirst he seems to have got off nowhere near as badly hurt as he might have been.

Geraint Thomas has a broken collarbone, tweeted the picture of his x-ray. Cheers for that.

Yeah, the crash looked terrible so whilst he's pretty broken, it could have been worse.

I saw Thomas's X-Ray. I thought it was quite interesting [emoji23]

At the Giro they would have to have waited some amount of time, though. How long does it take to squeeze out even the quickest of shites? I'm sure it took Dumoulin about 90 seconds, which, IMO, is a bit quick for a shite. I'm guessing it was a ghostie.

I reckon it was the skoots, one of them "I'll have to go" moments.
30 secs 4 that & a minute to find an alpine Docken leaf.

They weren't even given a time classification. Maybe they are still out there now?
Or got rid of their monitors in the hope they'd get away with it?

Intake it Demare is gone?